chapter twenty ❧ love

"you somehow mend the brokenness,

and i know i'll be okay,"

 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

finn's pov:

it was thursday afternoon, almost coming to a close of christmas break.

running my hands through my curled hair, i started brushing my teeth.

today i was taking millie out for a date, sense we've never really had one somehow?

because of the recent news noah told me on christmas, i didn't realize how distant i was being with her.

i walk got into my car, shivering a little as the cold air lingers around me.

starting up the engine, i began to drive to sadie's house which really wasn't that far.

"crap, i'm supposed to get flowers or something aren't i. shit oh well," i mumbled to myself.

i was planning to bring her to this cafe place for lunch because she thought it was, and i quote, "super cute and aesthetic."

i pull up into sadie's drive way, getting out and knocking on her front door.

i smile as millie opens the door and realize she's wearing the necklace i got her for christmas.

"hey mills, nice necklace," i tell her with a smile, as she rolls her eyes and shuts the door.

millie's pov:

"yeah i got it from some boy at school, forgot his name," i reply sarcastically with a laugh, as we walk together to his car. 

"hmm, what's this boy like?" finn asks with a smirk.

"well first of all, he's very very. . ." i leave him hanging as we get into the car.

"very. . .?" he replies with the smirk still plastered on his face.

"annoying. very annoying," i answer, and see his hurt expression as i laugh.

"but i also love him, so it's okay," i reply, and my cheeks get flustered as i look out the window.

"i'm jealous of him, wow," he says, making us both laugh.

talking the whole way down we eventually arrive at the cafe and take a seat inside.

i can't help but blush when finn stares intently at me while i look at the menu or when it was my turn to order.

"thank you," we both say politely as the waiter walks off.

"so how have things been with you," finn asks looking at me still.

"finn you've seen me almost everyday, you should know," i reply with a small chuckle.

he puts his hands up as if he surrenders, making me laugh but it fades.

"what happened back at the christmas party? it's just you seemed kinda off after. . ." i trailed off, realizing i had probably just blurted it out rudely. 

he scratched the back of his neck and does a small weak laugh.

"i kinda wanted to talk to you about that, i hate myself for not telling you sooner," he replies.

i nod and wait for him to start talking.

but he doesn't.

"i was thinking i could tell you after this, it's kind of. . . a lot. plus you'll like where we are going," he says with a small smile.