chapter eighteen ❧ missing

"she was the most broken girl

i have ever seen,

yet she was the most beautiful girl

i have ever seen,"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

finn's pov:

slowly waking up, our arms were both around each other as millie was still sound asleep.

she's so beautiful. . . that's probably really creepy.

i slowly slipped my arm out from under her and look up at the ceiling.

"good morning," millie mumbles with a soft smile on face as i look back at her.

"morning," i reply quietly, and give her a small kiss on her forehead seeing her face turn read.

i could feel my face heat up too, as sadie came downstairs breaking our moment.

"there you are millie!" sadie says loudly, and turns back around into the kitchen.

millie's pov:

i get rid of my grip around finn's chest, not realizing we were still in that position until sadie ruined it.

yawning, i walk over to the kitchen to see her rummaging through her fridge.

"all i have is fruit and eggos pretty much," sadie shrugs turning around.

she pops the waffles into the toaster, putting the strawberries on the table and smiling at me.

"so how was sleeping with finn," she whispers, placing her chin on her hands giving me full attention.

i roll my eyes and lean in to whisper "shut up," right in her face with a smile, taking a strawberry.

sadie does a little pout as she turns around to make more eggos but stops.

"oh my god, i gotta go, see you guys when i get back!" she says loudly and grabs her coat running out the door.

finn walks over and asks where she's going, as he runs his hand through his dark curly hair.

"probably getting caleb, the doctor's said he can be released today," i reply, eating another strawberry as he sits across from me.

* a couple hours later *

finn's pov:

i walk out of the bathroom wearing a change of clothes to see millie, sadie, gaten, and caleb still talking over breakfast.

sitting down next to millie, i hold her hand under the table.

"i don't mean to darken the mood or whatever, but does anyone still give a shit about the fact that noah is missing? he could be dead for all we know," i say, making everyone look at me.

"oh that's right, i forgot to tell you. . ." caleb says, making everyone turn over to him.

"before uhm i got shot, i saw noah leaving the snowball. obviously, i didn't get a good look but i don't think he's dead, he got out of the school before any of us," caleb looks at me and we both stare at each other.

millie looks at me too and squeezes my hand a little.

"i don't think that's enough for me. sorry, but i'm going to find him," i stand up letting go of millie's hand and start putting on my shoes.

"w-what? wait finn, you're just gonna like walk around?" sadie says, as millie walks quickly over to me.

"i'm coming with you, i'm not letting you go alone," millie says, sitting down next to me.