chapter seventeen ❧ aftermath

"darling,

you are a work of art"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

finn's pov:

we all slept over in caleb's hospital room, but i couldn't sleep at all.

i stared at the clock.

2:11 am

i think it was what, 12am when everyone fell asleep?

i got up slowly, putting millie's head on sadie's shoulder because she had fallen asleep on mine.

i sighed and walked out of the room looking around until i came up to a counter.

"oh hello, do you need something?" a woman at the counter asked me.

i nodded, "yes uh, i have a bullet in my leg," i said calmly looking at her.

i had nothing else to do, and maybe getting the bullet out was a good idea. i'm stupid.

"are you joking or. . ." the woman asked after staring at me for a while.

"there is literally a bullet in my leg," i told her again, looking confused as to why she didn't believe me.

she got up and motioned to the patient bed in the room and i sat on it.

the hospital was pretty quiet at night a- "shit!" i said in pain as she touched the wound.

"how long has this been in here?" she asked.

"i don't know, like uh, a couple hours maybe six," i replied.

"and you never thought to get it checked? okay well it could be infected, so you need to stay here for a second," the woman told me rolling her eyes and walked off.

i did a small shrug as she left and turned to the tv which was airing the news.

"the missing student has still not been found, everyone is trying their best to find that student.

please call in if you have any information on their where abouts, or further useful informatio-,"

"okay, this might hurt but i'm going to take out the bullet now," the woman said coming back into the room with a tray, drawing my attention away from the tv.

i nodded, but now all i could focus on was noah being the missing kid they bring up on television instead of how much my leg fucking hurts.

millie's pov:

"luckily his wound was not as major, we found no lead poisoning or any other infection. he can be released tomorrow but should take some time to rest," the doctor informed us.

caleb's parents had came over, along with finn's mom and sadie's parents this morning.

i don't really know about gaten's parents and why they didn't come.

"isn't tomorrow christmas eve?" caleb asked and his voice sounded a little weak.

the doctor nodded, "yes it is. i'll be back to check in this afternoon, but i'm sure everything will be fine," and with a smile he walked out of the room.

caleb's parents followed the doctor as sadie sat on caleb's bed with him.

"do any of you know where my son is?" finn's mom asked me, and i just shrugged with a simple no.

i remember us all going to sleep but he wasn't with us when i woke up which was weird.

his mom sighed and walked out of the room.