{Chapter IX} | Like A Creep

Start from the beginning

London smiles and says, "I'm happy too."

"I'm literally so done with her right now," Natalie says. "She's so delusional. At the end of the school day, I walked in on her and Lori talking about setting Harry up like a bunch of maniacs. Lori is a complete replica of Brooke and it's disgusting. I can't believe I even associated myself with them."

London's eyebrows knit together at the mention of Harry's name. "Setting him up as in how? What are they going to do?"

"Something about getting him expelled from the school which is ridiculous," Natalie says. "She apparently doesn't want you guys in the same school together."

"Who the fuck does she think she is?" London asks, throwing her hands up in the air incredulously. "The world doesn't revolve around her. Does she have any idea how obsessive that sounds? 'I don't want them in the same school together.' She's more worried about us then we are about her."

"The world may not exactly revolve around her, but she does end up getting whatever she wants one way or another," Natalie says. "All of this-your breakup, the video, and etcetera-is some type of game to Brooke and you and Harry are the pieces. And day by day, she's getting closer to the finish line."

London hugs her knees up against her chest while looking off into space. Everything that Natalie has said is making her hate Brooke more and more as the seconds pass. She would've thought that Brooke would've gotten the hint by now but she hasn't and obviously doesn't know when to stop either. Getting Harry expelled is taking things way too far for no reason.

Brooke's the type of person who doesn't get a joke after a couple of times and when she finally does, she's the only person who keeps talking about it once everyone has moved on.

The thunderous sound of water splashing breaks the serenity they were once engulfed in.

Natalie, completely startled, jumps slightly in her seat and her head darts over in the direction of the noise. A much quieter splash is heard, followed by a series of giggles from a baby. "Oh my gosh," Natalie says. "That scared the shit out of me!"

London laughs and begins to undo her arms from around her legs.

"Who is that?" Natalie says.

"I'm pretty sure that it's Zayn and his little sister," London says. She smiles. "He's been trying to teach her how to swim for a couple of days now."

"Wait," Natalie says and she holds one of her hands up in the air as if telling her to stop. Is she hearing things? "Zayn is your neighbor?"

"Yes . . ."

"That's so unfair! I am so jealous of you right now!" Natalie says before pouting slightly. "Have you seen his face? It looks like it's been sculpted by angels!"

London nods her head in agreement. "You need to see the wings tattooed on his back! I almost fainted when I saw them for the first time!"

"What? When?" Natalie practically shouts the words at her and London desperately hopes and prays that Zayn doesn't hear them.

As London tells the story, she can't help but laugh at how intently Natalie listens to her. It's as if nothing else in the world seems to be relevant to her anymore besides Zayn. If Zayn somehow became famous, she's almost positive that Natalie would be his biggest fan, hands down.

Natalie raises an arched eyebrow. "So, you both were eye raping each other?"

"That's a nice choice of words you used there," London says and she rolls her eyes. "But I guess you could say that. It was actually pretty bad because for the time being, I totally forgot I had a boyfriend."