00: no feelings

Aint no love lost but aint no love shown, so now when niggas call I just don’t pick up the phone.

Wiz Khalifa

*******

*Erica Mena

May 16th, 2014

“To the breadwinners!” I smiled raising my glass of clear liquid high looking at the room full of people before me who had the same big smile I had painted on my face.

It felt good to finally be in control of my life, to be my own boss, and better yet my own woman. Life was good, no complaints here. So why not celebrate with a few drinks in the office, just a little ‘Thank You’ to my team.

“Breadwinners.” My right hand girl, Kim smiled softly crashing her tiny glass into mine before throwing it back.

“TURN UP!” I yelled.

“You know how I do. But I’m bout to head home like you should be.” She said pointing her long red nails at me.

“Why? The night’s young.” I said smirking

I knew what she was getting at, something we often talked- and even fought about, but I was grown and I do what I want.

“Because you have a girl at home probably waiting up for you.” She rolled her eyes making me laugh

“Why the attitude babe, you could be my girl if you wanted too.” I joked...kinda

Kim was young, smart and a party in itself the perfect partner in crime, but the only difference between her and myself is she had love for these hoes.

“PLEASE!” She laughed, but only if she knew how serious I was

“I’m for real.” I chuckled a little bringing my drink back up to my pink coated lips.

Some call me a player, and some call me a hoe, but I just call it being smart and looking out for myself.

“Whatever Mena, you know you got a girl at home probably waiting up for you, and you out here acting a fool. Now as your friend I’m suppose to guide you through the darkness and-” Pretty soon I was tuning out her words, because we go through this about every three days, and I wasn’t up for it tonight I just wanted to have a good night and get a few drinks in my system.

“Okay Kimmie.” I said cutting her off making her roll her eyes

“I’m just saying, one day you gone find someone that’s gone make you wish that you treated these girls better.” She said shaking her head making me raise an eyebrow

“What you mean?” I questioned

“You gone find someone that you’re crazy about, but they gone treat you the way you treat these girls.” She said as if she was Raven and could see the future. However I found it funny.

I don’t catch feelings, I catch flights.” I said only for me to laugh afterwards

Shaking her head she gathered her things from her office “I’m serious Mena, you’re gonna find that one girl that will knock you out your socks. I hope you know what you’re doing playing with these woman feelings.” She said giving me a hug and softly kissing my cheek

For a split second she had me thinking, but those thoughts were replaced with images that I could be getting into at the club.

The club it is.

Downing the last little bit of drink that was in my cup I went to my office to pack up. Grabbing my white Chanel bag, keys and phone I pressed the home button to see that I had 5 missed calls from Heaven.

Should I call her back...or nah? I thought to myself

‘I hope you know what you’re doing playing with these woman emotions.’ Kim’s words replayed in my head

She’ll be alright. Meanwhile you can catch me at the downtown New York sports bar celebrating myself, cause that’s how breadwinners get down.

****

Erica and Kim in the sidebar (thingy)