Chapter 23: Stand Off

The pain in your legs were unbearable, but you had to stand, you had to maintain yourself and use all the strength you had left to save your beloved Yuri Katsuki, who was now watching in a mixture of surprise and fear at the two of you clashing with one another as he lays helplessly on the ground.

(Y/n)...don't die on me, please.

As he tried untying himself, you clawed at Veronica's beautiful face with your sharp fingernails.
Blood began to seep from the cuts and slowly drip down her face, you could hear her hissing at the pain.

"You...YOU'RE GOING TO PAY!"

"NOT UNLESS I BEAT YOU FIRST!"

You scream back as you both grab each other's throats, choking one another.
You tried gasping for air as you struggled in her grasp.

Crap...I'm losing energy fast...I have to defeat her, now!

You then punched her right in the nose, causing her to back away from you, blood pouring down the middle of her face.
She held her broken nose, groaning.
You take a deep breath.

This is my chance...for Yuri!

As you were about to finish her off, she quickly kicks your bruised leg. You screamed in agonizing pain as you fell on your side.
She laughs, then reaches out towards you...but you used your quick wits and kicked her away from you with your other leg.
You flinched in pain as Veronica accidentally backs into a table filled with needles, hooks and scalpels...
One of the scalpels punctured her shoulder.
She screams as she held her bloody shoulder, gritting her sharp teeth in pain.
You took the chance and crawled towards Yuri.
His eyes widened as he wiggles towards you.

"(Y-Y/n)! (Y/n)!"

"Yuri..."

You untie the ropes that held him and you both embraced each other, crying.
You rub his back, feeling him shiver and shake in your arms.

"(Y-Y/n)...thank goodness you're okay..."

"Yuri..."

You two were so distracted by each other that you didn't notice Veronica forcefully taking the long scalpel out of her shoulder and grabbing the sledgehammer on the side. She hovered over you two, smirking and laughing menacingly.
Yuri shook as you held him to your chest, fear now coming back for the both of you.

No...this can't be the end...If we die here, I'm dying first for Yuri's sake.

"HA HA HA! YOU REALLY THOUGHT YOU WOULD BEAT ME THAT EASILY? HA HA HA, IN YOUR DREAMS! GOODBYE YURI KATSUKI! GOODBYE (Y/N)!"
Ψ(`▽')Ψ

You two shut your eyes, bracing for the impact...but it didn't come, for Yurio suddenly comes up from behind Veronica and plunges one of her needles into her neck, causing her to gasp.
She felt her vision getting blurry and she felt dizzy...
She growls right at you.

"Damn you...(Y/n)..."
(≧ヘ≦ )

She then falls to the floor, peacefully sleeping on her face.
You and Yuri gasp at your rescuer, The Ice Tiger of Russia himself.

"Y-Yurio!"
(・□・;)

"Plisetsky...?"
(ーー;)

"I knew she was evil the whole time, that old hag...Thank God I made it just in time before she turned you into bacon, Pig"
(¬д¬。)

"Want me to put soap in your mouth again...?"

"N-no ma'am...please no. Viktor is outside with the police and the other ice skaters, he's waiting for you two..."
(¬、¬)

The Russian Punk groans as he then walks up the stairs, carrying the sleeping but bleeding Veronica.
You two were finally relieved, your nightmare has ended...
You were proud for your accomplishment: Finding your parents true murderer and putting them in justice.
You never expected it to be Veronica, but it didn't matter now.
You were just happy that you avenged your parents...
However, you never found out why she did it, why she really killed your parents...
Was it for money purposes?
Was it for power?
Was it for her happiness...?
You would never figure it out and honestly, you didn't want to find out.
You had to move on from your horrible past now.
Besides, it's best to leave some things in the closet...
You three have made it back to Hasetsu in one piece, it made Yuri's mother and father relieved.
They thanked you for saving their precious son, to which you shyly smiled and brushed away.

"It's all apart of my job..."

You replied. You always said to it to whoever thanked you.
As everyone celebrated Yuri's safety and him winning the silver medal, you left the party early and quietly...
There was still one more mission you had to finish...