Chapter 2: Goodnight

Yuri Katsuki couldn't stop blushing or thinking about you.
As he ate his favorite dish, the pork cutlet bowl, he kept thinking about your beauty, even though you were a total stranger.
...He wanted to get to know you more.
One thing bothered him though and that was your reputation.
You were a first class soldier after all and first class soldiers were always busy with missions and must always maintain their strength, their determination and their courage.
If he got in the way of your life...you would possibly become a softie like him, a weakling like him...
The thought made him feel more disappointed in himself than he was already feeling after being placed last in the Sochi Grand Prix.
His thoughts disappeared when his mother speaks to him.

"Son, why don't you take Miss
(L/n)'s stuff to her room? That would be a very nice thing to do for a busy woman like her~"
(^~^)

"A-Are you sure Mom? I-I mean, her equipment looks...dangerous, especially that gun of hers..."

"Yuri..."
(¬、¬)

"W-W-Well if it's for her, then that's fine by me! Hehe..."
(^^ゞ

Yuri's mother smiles brightly as she hands him the soldier's bag and weapon carefully.
Yuri then walks straight to an unoccupied room, careful not to drop the heavy gun.
Who would let people carry guns wherever they go anyway?
Well, you were a soldier after all...
Yuri opens the door and enters inside, placing your bag on the futon.
He then accidentally drops the gun, causing it to fall to the ground and accidentally fire.
Luckily it only hits the wall...
Yuri quivers in fear.

"O-O-Oh no! I-I hope she didn't hear it go off..."

"What the hell did you do?"

Yuri screams, turning around and finding no one other than you standing in the doorway...with nothing but a towel covering your whole body.
Yuri blushes and starts to have a nosebleed.

"(Y-Y-Y-Y/N)! Y-YOU'RE NAKED!"
\(///Σ///)\

"So? I don't care about people staring at me...I'm used to it."

"U-USED TO IT?!"
(○o○)

"Whatever, what are you doing with my stuff? Only soldiers can have access to their own personal belongings, especially their firearms..."

You sternly spoke to him, crossing your arms. Yuri rubs his clammy hands together, avoiding your eyes.

"I-I was just bringing them in here, this is going to be your room for the night...or how many nights you'll be staying with us! T-That's fine too! Hehe..."

"It's going to be awhile till I find another place to stay in...so my base will be here for about a few weeks or months..."

"B-Base? Y-You mean home-"

"I'll call it whatever I want, got it? Now get out...I've got work to do and I don't have the time to fool around."

Yuri shyly nods, then was about to leave until something caught his eye. In the small pocket of your bag was a photograph...he got a glimpse of that photograph and it appeared to be you as a little kid and two other people with you...
You noticed his brown eyes staring at the picture, however, you weren't in the mood to yell at him...
Instead, you unexpectedly told him the truth.

"I have no home to go to, no family to go to, no arms to run into...they're gone, they've been gone for years..."

"...Did they used to live here in Hasetsu?"

"...Yes. I had to come here though, this is my hometown after all. Where did you come from?"

You asked him, sitting on your futon, crossing your legs.
You stared up at his brown eyes, expecting his answer.
He blushes and shakes.

"F-From Detroit ma'am, I was studying abroad."
(^_^)

"America, eh? Been there lots of times, a sucky country honestly thanks to Trump..."
( ¬_¬)

"A-Ah, I-I agree with you ma'am!"

He nervously chuckles while you sat there in silence.
You then grab your rifle, placing it on your lap.
You then began cleaning it, while Yuri just stood there and watched.
After a moment of silence, you click your tongue at him.

"Don't you have anything important to do besides stare at women all day?"

You questioned as your eyes never left your rifle.
You heard the man shuffle his feet on the mat.

"A-Ah! S-Sorry! I-I'll let you be then..."

You heard his footsteps leaving the room but then you then heard him mutter to you,

"Oyasumi (Y/n)..."

You haven't heard anyone wish you goodnight for many years and the last time someone said that to you was both your beloved parents...
You saw a tear drop on your rifle and suddenly you realized that you were crying for the first time in forever.

Mom...Dad...where's our goodnight wish?