Chapter 19: Engaged

You two were engaged from that point on and the gold rings that were on both your fingers proved it.
You and Yuri walked hand in hand back to the hotel, until you two bumped into Mari and Minako, who were surprisingly watching Yurio and another ice skater eat at a cafe.
You cross your arms, smirking.

"And what are you two doing?~"

"O-oh! (L-L/n)!"
(╯ಊ╰)

"U-umm w-we were just...shopping! Hehe! Right, Mari?"
(^^;)

"O-oh! Yes! Of course, Minako! We weren't spying or anything!"
(*^^*)

You and Yuri giggle as the two blush from embarrassment.
Mari then smiles.

"Hey (L/n), Yuri, do you want to go to dinner with the other ice skaters? We already asked Viktor to come"
(^ω^)

"Hmm...I don't know...me and (Y/n) are already tired from sightseeing today-"
(^^ゞ

Minako wraps an arm around his shoulder, laughing then giving him a serious glance as a dark aura surrounds her.

"If you don't come, that means bad matters to the other ice skaters...do you want that, Yuri?"
( ಠ ಠ )

"N-n-no I guess not! Want some dinner (Y/n)?"

You nod your head since you didn't have much to eat that day.
When you four got to the restaurant, all the other ice skaters were there, including Viktor.
You two sat next to Viktor, who smiled brightly at you.

"Yuri! (Y/n)! Glad to see you here for dinner~"
(*^ワ^*)

"Viktor! Where's Veronica?"
(。・o・。)

Viktor shrugs his shoulders as he take a bite of the delicious cuisine from his fork.

"She's back at the hotel...didn't want to come, I suppose. Anyway, let's eat!~ Vkusno!~"
(*^ワ^*)

You and Yuri giggle at the Russian coach's silly behavior.
As you all ate, all the other ice skaters were talking, laughing at silly, sexual things, especially the silly story of where Yuri himself drank 16 glasses of champagne and got unexpectedly drunk, so drunk to where he challenged Yurio to a dance off.
You laughed out loud while Yuri was blushing and objecting, saying that it wasn't true.
You didn't believe him though after seeing the photos~
Unfortunately you and Yuri didn't know that your gold rings were showing because Chris then points it out in front of everyone.

"Oh ho ho~ I see that you two are a happy couple~ Soooo, how long has it been?~"
(¬‿¬)

"Huh?"

"N-Nani?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"
(ಠ.ಠ)

One of Yuri's close friends, Phichit, then spots the rings, his dark eyes widening at the shiny sight of them.
It took him awhile before he realized what it meant.
He then sprung from his seat, smiling and clapping.

"OH MY GOD! YES! HA HA HA HA HA!"
(/^▽^)/

Everyone in the restaurant including you and Yuri stared at the Thai skater wide-eyed as he kept laughing and jumping around with excitement.

"HEY EVERYONE! MY BEST FRIEND YURI KATSUKI IS MARRIED! YURI IS MARRIED! YURI IS MARRIED!~"
O(≧▽≦)O

Phichit singsongs as he circles around the dinner table, everyone now clapping for the supposedly married couple, you and Yuri.
Phichit then wraps his arm around Yuri's shoulder, his eyes sparkling.

"YURI! YURI, WE HAVE TO POST THIS ON INSTAGRAM! WE HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD THAT YOU'RE MARRIED! OH I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE!"
\(*T▽T*)/

The Thai skater then hugs him, earning a blushing and stuttering Yuri while you sat there, poker faced.
Yuri shakes his head and frantically waves his arms.

"N-n-no no no it's not like that! You got it all wrong!"

"We're not married...we're engaged, there's a big difference there, Chulanont. We're going to get married after the Grand Prix Series, if that makes you feel any better"
( ̄ー ̄)

"...can I plan the wedding?"

"Yes, you can~"

"YES!"
(★^O^★)

Everyone at the table giggled at the cute Thai skater.
After dinner, you and Yuri were about to walk back to the hotel until Viktor stops you two.
He places his hand on Yuri's shoulder, smiling.

"Yuri, want to hang out with me for awhile? I want to go shop!"
(*^▽^*)

"I-I-I'm sorry Viktor but I want to be with (Y/n)..."
(/。\)

You pat his shoulder, smiling at your fiancé.

"Don't worry about me, go spend time with your coach. I'll just walk myself back, I'll be fine~"

"R-really? O-okay, if you say so,
(Y/n)...see you soon, I love you"

Yuri places a kiss on the lips before leaving with Viktor, earning a giggle from you, but what you two didn't know was that was going to be the last time he'll kiss you...at least for awhile.
When you got back to the hotel room, it was dark when you entered.
You then heard a familiar voice come from the darkness.

"(Y/n)~"

"Oh! It's you, Veronica...don't tell me you're going to talk about the decor again, I just want to sleep..."
(;¬_¬)

You then heard her footsteps come closer to you, giggling followed.

"Oh don't worry, you'll sleep soon enough~"

...You then felt a needle being injected into your neck, a weird fluid slowly entering your veins.
You gasp then took the needle out, your vision suddenly getting blurry.

What the hell?! Oh...I'm getting...sleepy...no, stay awake (Y/n)! You have to warn Yuri!

...You then collapse to the ground, entering into a deep slumber.

Yuri...don't...trust...Veronica...

To Be Continued in Chapter 20...