Chapter 2 "Changes"

Start from the beginning

I find it that these two of sort of interrelate.

Once a inmate that is free from jail is more likely  to suffer from a mental health issue than someone who has lost their job.

We as a community of African Americans need to come together to figure a resolution.

As for me personally I figure if the numbers continue to go higher the mental illness rises along with it.

The U.S needs to fix it before it gets out of hand.

But that's just one of the issues compare to others that is rising in the community.

The sound of a throat clearing caught my attention.

" oh hi Mrs. Ellington "

" Morning Ms. Bowmen may I see you in my office briefly " she said walking away not giving me a chance to even answer.

I hope it wasn't about the recent piece I just did.

Usually we weren't allow to cover stories that dealt with anything about the police or black people and our problems.

" please take a seat " she said pointed to plush chair by her desk.

I had that nervous pit in my stomach.

I watch as she read through the newspaper that read New York Times.

Once she saw that I was waiting patiently she put down the humongous newspaper.

" you know that piece of yours have gotten a lot of responses that .... Janet from Times New Magazine wants to interview you "

" wait meee " I pointed to myself.

" yes, next Thursday to be exact "

" oh my god this is great "

" I know keep up the good work Ms.Bowmen "

" T-Thank you "

I left happily out her office I almost felt like skipping down the hallway like they did in the Wiz.

" tell me Chica " Marley said

" Janet from New York Times want to interview meee "

" oh my God that's great , I think we need to celebrate "

" oh no , it's nothing big "

" girl according to that smile on your face I'll say you are lying come to my place let's celebrate " she said

I had no choice because if I didn't she'll probably kidnap me from work.

" okay " for the rest of the day I could not wipe the smile off my face.

I was so freaking happy about this interview.

*************
" so this pretty much is it for the interview .... by the way do you have any records ? "

Just when I thought I had it in the bag.