Chapter 13

ZOEY 7:30 OCTOBER 4, 2013

The dance was at 8:30. It was in an hour. Duncan was coming over to her house at 8:00 to pick her up. She had butterflies in her stomach. And not the good kind. She felt like throwing up. Maybe I should say something has come up. Then I don't have to go. But then I also let Rythian and Duncan down. I can't let Rythian be there with Duncan and Kim. She sighed. Zoey walked over to her closet to get her dress out. She pulled it out and examined it. It was orange at the top, and it melted to red at the bottom. She walked into the bathroom to put it on.

RYTHIAN 7:30 OCTOBER 4, 2013

It was an hour till the dance. Rythian was basically having a spaz attack. He was pacing around his room. He didn't wanna go to the dance. He never wanted to. He was only doing it for Zoey. But Zoey was gonna be with Duncan. The arrogant, snobby, blond-headed science nerd. Maybe I should bail out. No. You can't. Your doing it for Zoey. He reluctantly got up and walked to his closet, pulling out the tux Zoey wanted him to wear. He was very tempted to wear his normal clothes. But he wouldn't. He went to the bathroom to put it on.

DUNCAN 7:30 OCTOBER 4, 2013

Duncan was very nervous. It was almost time for the dance. The dance he asked Zoey to. His first best friend. Duncan didn't know if he was making a mistake. At first he thought he wanted to be with Zoey. But now, he honestly didn't know anymore. He had not been talking to her for a while and he could live without her. But Duncan was very mad at Rythian. He was going with Kim. His new best friend. And his new crush. He was thinking about telling Zoey he didn't want to go anymore. He was gonna ask Kim instead, but that was before Rythian had asked her. So now, he would have to go with Zoey. It wasn't all terrible, Zoey was still a friend. He would have to live with it all for the night.

KIM 7:30 OCTOBER 4, 2013

Whoa! It was a hour until the dance. Time really does fly by. I'm going to the dance with Rythian. A guy I've never talked to. Why? Because I'm crazy. But he seemed nice. And not so bad looking. It's gonna be kinda weird though. But Duncan is gonna be there to. So it all good. Kim's mind was raving with thoughts. She asked herself a bunch of 'what if' questions. She was drawing. It helped her calm herself down. But she couldn't help but feel slightly excited. She went over to her closet to pull out her dress. She didn't really like dressing up. That's why Kim was gonna get dressed ten minutes before 8:00. Oh my gosh.

ZOEY 8:00 OCTOBER 4, 2013

Duncan was gonna be over any minute. Zoey was sitting in her living room. She was very nervous. She was playing with her fingers. Then the doorbell rang. She walked over to the door. She let out a breath she realized she was holding. She opened the door. Sure enough, there was Duncan on the other side of the door. He was wearing a tux with a red tie. He looked pretty handsome. Not nearly as handsome as Rythian though.

He smiled, " Hey." He said.

"Hi Duncan." I greeted him.

"You look nice." He commented.

"You do to." I say.

"We should probably get going." He said.

"Okay." Zoey replied.

Duncan held out an arm. Zoey hesitated then took it.

KIM 8:03 OCTOBER 4, 2013

Kim had her dress on now. Her doorbell rang. She ran downstairs to answer it. When she opened the door she saw Rythian. He was wearing a tux [surprisingly] with a purple tie.

"Hey!" She greeted him.

"Hi." He said, "Sorry about the whole going to the dance with me thing. Zoey wanted me to go, and told me to ask you."