Chapter 1

ZOEY 2:13 AUGUST 31, 2013

It was two days until school started. It was the beginning of sophomore year. Zoey was excited to see all of her friends again. It had been to long since she had seen them. But, she was mainly excited to see Duncan.

She and Duncan had been friends for six years now. They were both intrigued by science. Sometimes, they would come up with new inventions over the weekends.

"What am I gonna wear?"

She repeated the question over and over in her head. Eventually, she decided to look in her closet.

She had several favorite tee-shirts. One was red with a brown mushroom on it, another was white with a red mushroom on it, the next was a plain red and orange stripped shirt, the one after was green and said "Science Rules!", the last was blue with a T-Rex on it.

"Hmm?"

She had decided to go with the one with the red mushroom.

"It's perfect!"

She said as she put it back in her closet.

DUNCAN 2:39 AUGUST 31, 2013

"Finally!"

Duncan said out loud,

"It's almost time to get back to school!"

Duncan loved school. He was so bored over summer, nothing to do. Sure he had free time but he was alone. All of his friends always seemed to be busy, and Zoey was never available except the weekends. He was excited to get back in the swing of school.

He all ready knew Zoey and him were in most of the same classes. He was really excited to see Zoey again. He really liked her. The thing he wanted to know was did she really like him?

Authors Note: I know this chapter is super short, but I will have more coming soon! Promise. :)