❝ACT ONE: HIRAETH❞

ACT ONE
[ SEASON ONE ]

HIRAETH; a longing for a home you can't return to, or one that was never yours

HIRAETH;
a longing for a home you can't return to, or one that was never yours. not necessarily a house, but a homely feeling such as love.

◀⚜▶

It was a truth universally acknowledged, that we are defined by our chances, even the ones we missed. The past never really does leave us, especially the things we regret.

It was unimaginable to most people that the now jock Chase Stien, the emo Nico Minoru, the perfect religious girl Karolina Dean, the loner and wallflower Alex Wilder, feminist Gert Yorkes, the quiet but kind Molly Hernandez, and the mysterious girl nobody knew what to think of Scarlett Sinclair, were all once in the same group. Neither could they. The closest of friends, now turned into the most distant strangers.

Their "past lives" seemed to disappear, without any of them bothering bringing it back up. Or at least, so everybody thought. None of them would have guessed that an unexpected event would have brought them all together. Not to mention, one of their former friends coming back to the place where it all started, after many long years.

Still, the reunion is anything but light. Secrets they never knew were there surfacing, and those they knew that did coming back. Sometimes things on the surface are only there to hide what's underneath.

◀⚜▶

There's a well known saying, that time changes anyone. The moment a redhead walked through the halls of Atlas Academy wearing in a leather jacket, in the eyes of her old best friend, Chase Stein knew it was true. She wasn't like she was before. None of them were.

Scarlett Sinclair was changed on the surface, but more so inside. Ever since the accident she got into two years ago, right before she left, she's been able to do things she could never explain. The day of the accident, she couldn't remember. One twenty four hours in her entire life, left from her memory.

Things left unsaid never did anyone any good. Neither did secrets. Still, that never stopped Scarlett. But will the truth really be as enlightening as they hope? If there's anything that Scarlett is oblivious to, it's the feelings she's harboring for her best friend. Both of them are just dancing in the dark.