Chapter 1: New Worlds

Start from the beginning

"Right,"

"Well let's go Diz, I promised Doug that I would meet him at 8 down by the fountain."

"But it's 8:20,"

"I know, but a lady is always fashionably late for her date," the blue-haired princess smirks. She grabs her heart-shaped purse. "Night Mal,"

"Night."

Once alone, Mal looks over at her clock, deep in thought. She wishes time would go faster. She brings out her phone and begins scrolling through until she gets to Ben's number. She knew he'd be in his royal office doing important things, but just to hear his voice may improve her mood a lot more. She presses the call button and waits as it rings.

It rings and rings and rings and then:

"Hey this is Ben, sorry I can't take your call right now, but leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

Once it beeps, Mal sighs.

"Hey, it's just me, wanting to talk to you, hear your voice and stuff. I just wanted to let you know that I might go for a walk by the lake tonight if you want to join me, but I know that's probably not going to happen so... Anyways call me back if you can. Bye"

Tossing her phone onto her nightstand, she turns the TV on... but there's nothing interesting to watch except the movies that starred their parents and their mortal enemies and the local gossip news. Getting bored really quickly, she turns off the tube, gets up, grabs her leather coat, and goes for a walk along the campus. She passes several of the new kids who had come to campus in the new semester:

Paige and Patrick, twins of Peter Pan, Tia, daughter of Tiana, Aziz, son of Aladdin and Jasmine, along with Whitney and Simon, daughter, and son of Snow White and Prince Charming, plus Dizzy, Ally, the daughter of Alice and Tallia, daughter of Tinkerbelle. Every year it seemed that more kids of every fairy tale wanted to come to Auradon Preparatory School, whether to escape their parents' kingdoms or find their own adventures. The problem was, there were still very few VKs and the "rotten" troop still stuck out like a sore thumb in the crowd of princes, princesses, sidekicks, and fairies. Dizzy was an obvious choice to bring from the Isle, but it was hard to welcome new students to campus, especially ones that didn't try to kidnap Ben or steal Fairy Godmother's wand. Uma was still at large, but she'd probably found some rock to live under for all Mal cared. As long as she kept her tentacles off Ben...

Several of the new kids eyed her carefully as she walks past the fountain, going in the opposite direction of the Moonlight Madness dance.

"Is that Mal? King Ben's true love?" she heard someone ask their friends.

"Yeah, you'd think she'd be going to the dance with him."

"Maybe they're too busy tonight."

"She's too cool for dances like this. Didn't you hear she saved Auradon and the Royal Cotillion?"

The daughter of Maleficent ignores the whispers and rumours going around and proceeds down towards past the lake towards the ocean. She's avoiding her and Ben's Special Spot where they fell in love and the gazebo where they had their big fight before she left for the Isle again. Instead, she walks all the way down towards where there is a rocky beach. Across the ocean, she could barely make out the shape of the Isle. She knows she's pushing the boundaries of campus, knowing students were not allowed to leave with permission from Fairy Godmother or their parents. While the Isle confined her for much of her early life, Auradon felt the same to some degree for her current life. While she was much happier here than back where all the villains roamed, she still wants more.