Power of Contribution

Zacznij od początku

"And you're not wrong... or quiet. Let's go somewhere else to talk about this," he whispered, taking her by the arm gently to escort her to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

"I can get there myself," she grumbled, but Chat Noir held her securely as he raised the two with his staff.

"I know, but I can't risk losing you," he replied quietly as they reached the top.

He slowly released her from his grip once they sat down at their usual spot, swinging their legs over the high distance from the ground. The air made Chat nervous about Ladybug's safety, so he held her arm once again. He noticed how the lights of the city behind him sparkled in orb-like sequences. It was a beautiful sight to take in, only making him feel more bad about his partner's loss of eyesight.

"You're not going to lose me, you silly cat! At least not from a fall," she assured him, slipping her arm out from his grip.

Already having heard parts of the conversation she had with Nathalie, Adrien tried to mentally prepare himself for whatever Ladybug had to say.

"But I— need you to promise me something, just in case my development... kills me," the heroine turned toward him.

"It won't kill you, Ladybug," Chat Noir tried to reassure her, as well as himself .

"Chat... Let's be honest. I'm already so far into his mess. I bet the only reason Lady Luck was able to stop it was because she wasn't too evolved. Look at me, I've got wings, almost completely red hair, and I've practically gone blind," a sad smile forced its way into her face.

"You're not going to die! You're not!" He cried out, causing Ladybug's heart to sink at the hurt in his voice.

"Kitty... I don't have control over this kind of thing. I don't think Lady Luck knows what to do either. Look what it did to her partner. I just need you to promise me something," she rested her hand on his tensed shoulder.

His silence told her that he was listening, so she continued.

"One of the times I went to Master Fu's during our little two week patrol break, he told me why Hawkmoth wanted the miraculous and why he couldn't have it. He wants it to make a wish, and he definitely could if he got his hands on it."

"What do you think he'd use it for?" Chat Noir asked, his voice gaining more sturdiness.

"Hawkmoth keeps his motives secret," Ladybug replied.

"So why couldn't we make a wish? Not a selfish one, but a wise one, like stopping Hawkmoth or ending poverty?" The hero asked his partner.

Ladybug shifted in thought, trying to decide how she'd explain it. "You remember Robustus, right? The robot akuma that wanted to become a human? He wanted the miraculous for himself, so he could make that wish and give him humanity. I learned that in return, someone else's humanity would have been taken because there's a balance. Master Fu briefly explained that to me the last time I met with him."