[1] Cold Eyes

[1] Cold Eyes

He glared at me from across the room like I was some kind of deer and he was a lion that hasn't eaten in a while. I tried looking away from his eyes, but I can feel his gaze. I kept my eyes locked at his cold eyes. Beautiful, cold eyes.

After what seemed like a while, he looked away. I don't know what I did, I haven't even met him before, let alone said a word to him. Hate at first sight? Cranky mood?

The bell rang, signaling that it was time to leave class. I picked up all my books and ran out the door. I was running to my locker til, bam, I bumped into something- rather, someone, and fell down. Pain seared through my back.

"What where you're going, nerd," A loud, obnoxious, yet angelic voice boomed out.

"I...uh...sorry," I mumbled, staring down. I looked up and I saw him. The guy who was glaring at me. My breath hitched. He was really gorgeous when you look up close. I guess I was staring too long.

"What are you staring at, nerd?" The vile stranger spit out. I snapped out of it.

"I...um," I stuttered. "Sorry." He sneered and pushed past me, almost making me drop my books again. I sighed and looked for my locker. I don't remember where it was. The downside of starting a new school.

"You look lost," A voice startled me. I looked up from my paper with my locker number on it. It was a girl. She had long, red hair and brown eyes.

"Yeah. I kinda am," My shyness getting to me.

"Whatcha looking for?" She gave me a sweet smile. I hesitated before giving her my locker number paper.

"Locker 310," I answered. She looked excited.

"I know where that is! That locker is 5 down from mine. By the way, the name is Dana," She squealed and took my hand, dragging me to take me to my locker.

"Lyric," I introduced myself, as she pulled me down the hallway.

We arrived at my locker and I stopped in my tracks. There was the guy that was staring me down and pushed me. "Lyric, what's wrong?" Dana asked.

"That guy over there, he was glaring at me earlier and he pushed me when I accidentally ran into him," I said, quietly.

"Braxton? Don't worry about him. He's a natural jerk," Dana shook her head.

"Is there anyone he is actually nice to? Or he can actually tolerate?" I questioned.

"Yeah. My boyfriend, Justus, and me," She smiled.

"That's it?" I raised an eyebrow.

He must hate people a lot. Must have problems, but who am I to judge? Maybe he is a good guy at heart. You know once you get to know him.

"Hey Dana," A boy with a "just rolled out of bed" hair and a polite smile said. "Hi I'm Justus," He introduced himself.

"Lyric," I introduced.

"Oh as in song lyrics?" He was a hyper, like a kid. He reminds me of Gage when we were younger.

Gage is my older brother. We're 3 years apart. He's 20 and I'm 17. Gage is the best brother ever. I have his back and he has mine. If you haven't noticed, we're really close.

"I guess so?" I say, a small smile on my face.

"I'll call you Lyr, though," He said, happily. "Braxton, meet our new friend, Lyric."

Braxton walked over to us. I looked anywhere, but at him. I think he hates me. I could feel Braxton's gaze on me. Like how I felt his gaze earlier, except this one felt...less intense. "Lyric, aye?" His angelic voice rang out.

"Uh...yeah. It's Lyric," I said, shyly, still not making eye contact with him. I was too afraid to make contact with him. What if he's Medusa in disguise and when I look into his eyes, I turn into stone?

"Well Lyric, this is Braxton. Braxton, this is Lyric," Dana, introduced us properly. I looked at him. His eyes are the first thing I look into. It stands out. Braxton has dark brown hair and violet colored eyes, and olive colored skin. Beautiful eyes. Cold, beautiful eyes.

"I call her Lyr," Justus called out. Definitely a kid at heart.

"Justus, you're such a loser," Dana rolled her eyes. "Lyric, you want to sit next to us at lunch?" She smiled her kind smile.

I nodded. "I'd like that."

Justus and Dana smiled at me. Braxton looked at me blankly. I was still looking at his eyes though.