The Bad Boy Inside The White Suit - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

"What?"

He gulped and looked at me, "She's in a police station."

~-~

Cut the red wire. This was the sentence I've read from the instructions.

"It's the red wire." I muttered through the phone, "Hurry up Jay, or you'll tear up to pieces. Literally."

My heart's hammering inside my body now, my palms are sweaty too. He's not going to die, not in my watch.

"I'm trying here Riles." I heard him suck in a deep breath, "But I don't think I can do it."

"Jay..." I trailed off, trying to keep my tears at bay.

"I... I just want to quit..."

"You can't!" I shook my head, "Not now."

"I'm sorry..."

"Jay!" I gasped, "The bomb's going to explode if you'd quit."

"We don't know that."

"So you want to test it?!" I angrily shouted at him, "NOT THE RIGHT TIME, DUDE!"

"Riley..."

"Don't quit." I cried, "We never know what could possibly happen if you would."

"Damn Riles," He murmured, "Why are you crying? Don't cry."

"Who wouldn't cry in this situation?!"

"I wouldn't." He sighed, "Probably anyone would not cry in this situation."

"The bomb's going to fudging explode, Jay." I sobbed out, "You're going to die if you're not going to cut the blue wire."

"Riley..."

"JUST CUT THE FUDGING BLUE WIRE!"

"I JUST DID! NOTHING'S HAPPENING!" Suddenly, a loud blare of alarm came from his side. "DAMN RILES, THE TIMER IS TICKING FASTER THAN USUAL!"

"IT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE IT'S THE WRONG WIRE!" I groaned, "Damn it, YOU CUT THE WRONG WIRE!"

"Wait, it's my fault now?!"He shouted indecorously, "Are you kidding me?! YOU'RE THE ONE GIVING INSTRUCTIONS HERE!"

DOOOT. DOOOT. DOOOT. DOOOT.

"Make it stop!" I cried harder, "Jay, please make it stop! You're an assassin for Pete's sake, you should know how to stop a freaking bomb!"

"...Good bye, Riley." He muttered silently, "I quit..."

"No!" I sobbed harder, "JAY NO!"

BOOM!

"Noooooo!" I screamed as tears fell harder, my heart slams faster, and my throat became sore from screaming. "Jay...?"

He sighs, "Turns out the bomb does explode when you quit."

"You dimwit." I groaned, "We were almost there!"

"We weren't." He walked inside my room and shrugged his shoulders, "I think you told me to cut the wrong wire."

Dammit.

We were playing this awesome game called, "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes." It's a game about... well, probably communication. So a player would be giving the instructions without actually seeing the bomb, while the other player does not know the instruction, but does see the bomb.

It was unfortunately my turn to instruct him, and with what happened earlier, I think I suck at giving instructions. Just a little bit.

"You're crying." He frowned while walking near me. He wiped my tears with his fingers and he chuckled, "You're the only person I know who would cry in a situation like this. I swear Riley, you're weird."