Chapter 2

Jimin and Yoongi would text a lot. Mostly just nonsense, no real subject on conversation, switching from one topic to the next. Yoongi was getting a snack in his kitchen one morning when his phone buzzed in his pocket. A text from Jimin. They had stopped being surprising at this point. He expected a funny little story or an absurd meme, but the text was neither of those.

'hey buddy there's this rolled ice cream place on main street i wanna try do you wanna go with me??'  2:22 PM

Yoongi raised his eyebrows a bit. Hanging out with Jimin? In real life? Outside of work? Oh, he'd definitely take Jimin up on that offer.

'yeah sure sounds good. What time?' 2:22 PM

'uhhhh could you be ready at 3:30??' 2:22 PM

Yoongi sent another text of agreement, saying he'd meet Jimin at 3:30 in front of the ice cream parlor. Yoongi began getting ready.

Yoongi showed up at the ice cream place a few minutes after 3:30. Jimin was already there.

"Oh my god, what took you so long? You're so slow Yoongi," Jimin scolded playfully. Yoongi cracked a grin.

"It's 3:36 Jimin," he said.

"No excuses," Jimin said and began to walk inside. Yoongi followed. The parlor was cute, trendy. Like many the other trendy food places. Lots of simplistic decorations and a couple of chairs and tables spread out across the building.

Both ordered their ice cream (Yoongi getting mint chocolate flavor and Jimin getting Thai iced tea flavor) and sat at a small table in the corner. Since there weren't many people in the shop, their order was ready quickly.

"I don't think I've ever had ice cream in rolls before," Yoongi said, walking back over to their table.

"Neither have I. That's why I wanted to come here," Jimin responded, taking a seat. Jimin stared at his ice cream for a moment. "Very aesthetically pleasing. Should we take a picture?" Jimin looked back up at Yoongi. Yoongi shrugged.

"Sure, why not," Yoongi set his ice cream on the table. He watched as Jimin positioned the ice cream just right, making a bunch little adjustments before pulling out his phone camera. The picture taking process was also slow, Jimin moving slightly and zooming in and out to get the angle just how he wanted it. A small smile crept onto Yoongi's face as he watched Jimin so focused. He was so cute.

What?

"The industry has made you a perfectionist, I see," Yoongi joked. Jimin giggled a bit, which made Yoongi's heart jump.

What the fuck?

After Jimin had finally finished taking pictures, they ate their ice cream. It was good. It tasted like ice cream, but somehow better. Fancy presentation made everything taste better, he guessed. They at in (a very awkward) silence for a bit until Jimin suddenly started coughing violently. He put a hand to his chest. Yoongi just looked on, mildly concerned. When Jimin finished his coughing fit, Yoongi asked,

"Are you done?"

Jimin raised his eyebrows and looked at Yoongi incredulously.

"I choke on decorative Pocky and the first thing you say is 'are you done'?" Jimin put a hand to his chest again, this time in order to look extra offended, "Min Yoongi I could have died just now and I don't get an 'are you okay?' or even a 'you good'? Unbelievable" Jimin huffed, crossing his arms and looking away from Yoongi. Yoongi sat there for a second, unsure of what to do because he couldn't tell if Jimin was joking or not. Eventually, he just started laughing. Jimin joined in shortly after.