"Lana and Harry are gonna do the dirty tonight." She explained, sounding pretty proud of her phrase. I looked at her in shock that she just said that in front of our decently strict mum.

"Oh my, wow." Mum responded, blinking rapidly as if trying to understand what Lauren had just said.

"Mum, we a-" I went to explain but she only put her hand up to my face, turning her head so she wouldn't have to face me.

"I'm going to pretend I don't know anything and continue to get ready." With that, she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. I could only imagine the talk I knew would follow soon. I didn't want to tell her I'd been through this with Anne because it was one of those 'mother daughter bonds' she valued.

"What the hell, Lauren!" I groaned, shoving the box against her chest. She once again, erupted into laughter, not being able to contain herself. El on the other hand stood there awkwardly, most likely being reminded of that night.

She thankfully took the box back as I finished getting ready. It still phased me why we had to get all dressed up in beautiful dresses, only to be covered by the gown. But mum was so persistent in buying the perfect dress, that I ended up getting quite excited at the idea. I stood at the base of the stairs, slipping in my 2nd earring before standing to glance at the mirror. It was crazy to think what make up and fancy clothes could make a person look and feel.

I was showered with compliments throughout the entire car ride to the point where I practically jumped out of the car when we parked. I could hear mum calling out for me to slow down, but I was on a mission to get away for a moment. Unexpectedly, I was stopped by various students who pretended we had been friends forever, though whom I couldn't even remember the names of.

It was nearing the time of the ceremony, and I figured it was time for me for take my seat. I was seated in between Dekota and Charmaine, who both were trying so hard to contain their excitement. I couldn't find myself listening to them as I searched around for Harry. But his seat was empty and guests were piling up. Checking my watch, it was less than 5 minutes before we would start, and still no sign of him.

The headmaster came on stage and gave his first address, to which bored me to the extent where I was dozing on and off. The elementary choir came on and sang a song basically on how we're moving into the 'big world' and shouldn't waste our lives. It was rather peculiar and certainly sounded like the work of our senior Music teacher who probably did it for a laugh.

When it came onto the 'most likely' aspect, Harry still hadn't arrived. Surely he wouldn't miss his graduation would he. When my name was called out, loud cheers from the back whom I assume were my family made me cringe as I walked up to the stage, receiving a 'most likely to become a world-renowned psychologist'. It was amusing that people thought I was most likely to become this considering we had at least 20 people in my psych class who all thought they would receive it. When it got down to S, Harry received most likely to become a famous artist, as expected, given his musical talent. But he wasn't there to receive the award.

Next came the academic awards to which only 10 were awarded. I was more than shocked to receive the Writers award, which gave me a $250 gift voucher and an entry to meet some of my favourite novelists at an exhibition.

"Our final award is for the arts. I'm sure we've all heard this young lad perform and we'd all agree he deserves this opportunity. This one goes to Mr Harry Styles." Clapping and cheers erupted as everyone looked around me waiting for him to go on stage and collect his award. But the noise died and people noticed he wasn't around.