23

H A R R Y

I watched as her facial expression fell at what Karla and her bitchy friend had said. I had not told them a single thing. I spoke to them once at a party last year and I couldn't get past the screechy voice.

Lana looked around, eyes finally landing on me as I just stepped into the building seeing the whole scene unfold. So much hurt flashed through her eyes before she turned around and dashed outside, the beanie falling off her head.

"Lana!" I found myself calling out to her but she kept going. I was ready to go after her until Isabella appeared by my side, hooking her hand around my arm. Chad turned around to look at me, obviously having expecting me to go after her, but after seeing I wasn't going to anymore, he shook his head before following her.

I should go after her.

"I'll be back...I left a book in my car." I lied to Isabelle who only shrugged her shoulders and walked towards her friends. I stepped out of the building and jogged in the direction I saw her run. However I immediately paused in track when I saw her smile before wrapping her arms around Chad who kissed her forehead and put his arms around her waist.

I backed away slowly, seeing as though she didn't need me.

I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt to see him holding her like that, they way I would have held her. She looked very cosy too, and I swear if I were to find out that Chad was the one she hooked up with, I would never be able to forgive him.

I turned around and headed back into the building. People had now resumed back to their conversations but a few girls didn't hesitate to approach me and ask how I was doing after everything I had been through. It was as if my my heart was screaming out to tell them to shut up about Lana but my head only thanked them and walked away. Deep down I felt like Lana wasn't being completely honest with me, but the reality is that I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought I did.

Throughout the day I lost count of the amount of people who approached me with nothing but negativity to say about Lana whilst praising me as if I'm a vulnerable child. I'll admit I was vulnerable when she told me about that night. It hurt to know the girl you thought was yours wasn't really yours.

"Hey, Lad." I turned around, surprised to meet with Callum. It was odd because I'd only ever spoken to him once before and that was me going off my head for kissing my ex girlfriend. I didn't know how I should feel about him. Then again, I did get back together with Isabelle despite what she did to me.

"Hey..." I fake smiled, opening the cap of my orange juice as he sat down in front of me. I noticed Isabelle's grip on my arm tightening but I decided to ignore it for now.

"How's everything?" He said almost sympathetically, as if I wanted his pity. But something about the way he said it didn't seem too genuine to me. Then again, no one here was really genuine.

"Fine." I mumbled, taking a huge bite of the sandwich my mum insisted on making.

"I really wish I had warned you earlier about...Lana." He leaned closer to whisper her name. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, confused as to what he was going on about.

"She did the same thing to me." He leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest. I put my sandwhich down, my attention fully focused on him now. What did he mean  she did the same thing to him?

"What are you talking about?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Isabelle gasped lightly, making me turn my head towards her.

"Baby...you didn't know?" She put a hand to her chest, clearly both knowing something I didn't.