Chapter 15

Everything was happening quite quickly after Hinata hit Kageyama's head with his serve, Emiko wasn't even sure what to do in that moment. Did she need to intervene like a parent? She'd much rather leave to Daichi and Sugawara as they had way more parental qualities then she did. However, it seemed that no had to do anything. Tobio was quite mature about it, if you could call him scaring Hinata almost to death mature. 

Emiko's little brother shouted at Hinata, ordering him to get back to normal before the second set started. Hinata seemed more relaxed now that the second set had started. Karasuno tried doing their freak quick straight off the bat, but failed. The second year couldn't help but keep her eyes on all of the Karasuno players, observing their movements as they received the ball and then tried to kill it. This time the god-like quick was successful, earning a point back for Karasuno.

The set continued, with Karasuno taking it, meaning that both teams had one set each. Karasuno and Aoba Josai would need to fight for the last set, but Emiko had a bad feeling about this next set. Her gut was proven correct when girls started screaming in the gym. Emiko's blue eyes looked around, landing on a tall guy with chocolate brown hair, he was waving at the girls.

"Oikawa-senpai!" The screams echoed in the gym. Emiko's eyes widened as she froze on the bench, her thoughts running a million miles per hour. The boy walked over to Aoba's coach, smiling sheepishly as he spoke to him.

"Kageyama-chan, who's that?" Takeda asked as the Karasuno volleyball team drank some water before the third set.

"That's Aoba's captain, Oikawa Toru." The second year replied. "He was mine and Tobio's senpai at Kitagawa Daiichi." Her face was covered by her black fringe as her mind went back to her first year at Kitagawa. She was just like any girl there, infatuated with the beautiful brunette boy. She would try to talk to him, but was never able to do so with out becoming embarrassed and chickening out. "He'll most likely be subbed in after warming up. So we need to gain all the points we can before that happens."

The team nodded and went back onto the court, getting ready to finish the practice match before Oikawa would be subbed in. They fought hard, keeping the momentum of the game until they reached match point. Emiko's hopes went up, they could finish this with one point.

"Shit," she mumbled as she saw that Oikawa was being subbed in. "Come on guys, concentrate on your receives." Emiko shouted to Karasuno, not wanting them to lose focus just because they were on their match point. The third year setter from Aoba looked at her, narrowing his eyes and pouting slightly as he thought about were he recognized her from. Oikawa got ready to serve, spinning the volleyball lightly in his hands.

Emiko wasn't the only one to feel nervous because of the third year setter, Tobio was as well, but then again, no one from Karasuno was comfortable with him joining the game so late on. Their worries were validated when they saw him pointing at Tsukishima, ball in hand, before throwing the ball up. Emiko knew that him serving the ball at Tsukishima right after he pointed at the lanky first year was no coincidence. Oikawa was just that good. After all, he was the reason why Tobio learned how to do a jump serve. 

Karasuno lost another point before they were able to counter. Daichi made his receiving area bigger, making it harder for Oikawa to aim at Tsukishima, but it didn't do much to stop him from serving to the blonde. Luckily, Tsukishima was able to receive this one, though it went right back to Aoba, giving them a free ball. Emiko felt her life span shortening, Karasuno would not be able to handle a deuce with Aoba at this point in time. Aoba set the ball, but Karasuno had no chance of blocking it, did they? The blockers were short as Tobio and Tsukishima were at the back, receiving. Emiko closed her eyes, not wanting to see how Karasuno got a deuce with Seijo.

"One Touch!" Emiko's deep blue shot open as Hinata shouted. She forgot about the first years amazing jump which could rival Tobio's and Tsukishima's. The second year girl stood up, the shock pumping through her veins as the ball was received and sent to Kageyama. In a blink of an eye, the ball hit the court on Aoba Josai's side, going past Oikawa. A whistle blew.

"We won." she whispered, slumping back onto the bench next to Takeda. Karasuno made their way to the bench, waiting for Takeda-sensei to give them feedback. While the teacher spoke, Emiko sat, stunned about how the practice match turned out. It was taking a while to take in. Karasuno, the underdogs, the fallen powerhouse school, just beat one of the top four power house schools in the prefecture. Could they go to nationals like the boys planned?

Emiko stood up and walked out of the gym, going to the toilet, needing a few minutes by herself to take everything in. She just saw the boys volleyball win, as well as her senpais from junior high. They both looked great, Iwaizumi and Oikawa, as well as her underclassmen. They were all doing well. Maybe with the lineup they have, Oikawa could lead Aoba to nationals, but that would mean that her brother's dreams would be crushed as well as the other guys from Karasuno. It would be great if every team could go to nationals, then there would be no heartache. Each team has third years that all want to go play on the champions stage in Tokyo, but many never go there. 

Life is cruel.

A/N Here is my Christmas present for all of you. I hope you enjoyed it. Still not much Nishinoya but i'm getting there. He should be in chapter 16 or 17. I have a feeling this will be a long book, but hopefully it will be worth while. 

Remember to comment and vote. <3 Merry Christmas