Chapter 8

Saturday finally arrived and the first years were going to have their three on three match. Emiko stood in the gym looking at her phone as the boys set up, her and Nishinoya had been texting back and forth for the past few days and got on well, they even thought of each other as friends. Every time Nishinoya texted her a smile grew on her face, and it was the same for Nishinoya.

"Kageyama-senpai, why are you smiling?" Hinata asked, jumping up beside her with a curious expression on his face.

"Don't worry about that, you should focus on your game, after all, the consequences may not affect you much, but they will Tobio." Emiko told him, hoping he wouldn't question her to much as she didn't know how to answer. The short boy started freaking out, nervous about the outcome of the three on three. "i'm sorry, that probably put you under a lot of pressure. I'm sure you'll do fine."

"Thanks Kageyama-senpai!" Hinata shouted and started running to Tanaka and Tobio.

"Hinata, i told you call me Emiko, it will be less confusing." she reprimanded him as he looked back at her as she spoke. Rapidly, he nodded and halted next to his team. The game soon began and the ball was passed from one player to another, gaining points and losing them through out. The tall boy with blonde hair, Tsukishima Kei, kept blocking Hinata and Tanaka when they spiked, most of Tanaka's getting through, however, Hinata's didn't. He lacked the power that was needed and Tsukishima was way taller than the orange haired boy, easily jumping up to the height he needed to block his spikes.

"Hey, Emiko-san." Sugawara  said as he walked over, his voice soft as always.

"Hey, Suga-san." Emiko replied, shortening his name. The boy with white hair looked at the the players of the three on three, carefully analyzing their skills and how they like to be tossed to.

"Who do you think will win?" he asked, smiling at the girl who followed his gaze to the six boys playing volleyball.

"I have only seen Tobio play extensively, but from what i can gather, Tobio's team has a weaker defense but has a good offen-" she was cut of by Hinata spiking a ball with his eyes closed. The speed and power of the ball reminding her something, just like it did to Tobio. The boy looked at his hand as the others freaked out, his palm turning a light red from the force he hit the ball with. "I was going to say Daichi-sans team as they have a strong defense but I've changed my mind." she admitted hoping her brother didn't hear that she doubted he could win. She always believed he could win, there was always that possibility, but sometimes the odds were stacked against him heavily and it was only common sense to realize that he would loose. Sugawara nodded and the two continued talking quietly about volleyball, Karasuno and Shiratorizawa.

A ball ricocheted off of Hinata's arms as he saved Daichi's serve, flying towards an unsuspecting Emiko. Before the six boys playing could say anything, Emiko put her hand up and caught it, throwing it back quickly, for them to continue playing. Sugawara looked shocked as she continued speaking as if nothing happened. She saw his perplexed expression and laughed out slightly.

"When Tobio first learned how to serve i had to learn to have fast reflexes as he missed his target, it hit me in the face several times. I remember i had a broken nose one time." she chuckled out, looking at Tobio who reddened in embarrassment at her reminiscing. Sugawara laughed as well, though he did feel bad that she broke her nose when she was younger.

"You remind me of someone." Sugawara said, a sad, small smile on is lips. The boy that he used to play with popped into his mind.

"Oh, who?" Emiko inquired, wondering who this person was.

"Never mind, i don't know why i mentioned him." Sugawara brushed of and the two continued talking, laughing at old memories and stories.

When the match finished, Emiko smiled proudly at Tobio and ran up to him, intending to ruffle his hair. She jumped on him, enveloping him in a hug.

"Well done, Tobio." her hand moved to his hair as she spoke, ruffling it. She was so proud of her brother, he had worked hard to continue doing something he loved, and that was setting.

A/N sorry this is so short  and that it took a while, but please comment and vote. Thank you if you have already done that.