Prologue

A commander leads his troops into a shallow swamp. It was foggy. They're prepared. Their eyes scour the area for movement or signs of any hostile troops. The atmosphere is tense. The fog has greatly reduced mobility. The commander, a tall young man reaches out for his radio, patiently waiting for reports from scouts about enemy locations. "Squad 3, do you copy?" he says. There was no response. "I repeat, Scout 2, do you copy?"

Still nothing. The commander signals for his troops to prepare for combat.

Finally after three long minutes, "Yes we copy," comes the reply. The commander sighs in relief. "No enemy units spotted," says the scout. The commander signals to his troops to lower their weapons. "We will continue a little further and then we are to setup camp near Point Bravo, understood?!" says the commander in a stern voice. "Yes sir!" say the soldiers in unison. They continue marching, through the swamp.

"-ger. Do not advance," said a voice from the radio. The commander, unable to hear what the scout was saying was getting furious. He yells into the radio but was interrupted by the sound of gunfire behind him. He turns around and is horrified at what he sees. His units are on the ground. They appear to be dead. One soldier had his limbs contorted in a weird fashion. Another had his arm and both legs severed. The commander is frozen in fear. He knows he has to take action and find any soldiers that are still surviving. But, he can't move. His muscles refuse to budge. He tries to scream but fails. His jaw is locked shut. He's only able to move his eyes.

In the distance, he sees silhouettes of what appears to be people closing in. At first he assumes they are friendly units here for reinforcements. As the fog slowly clears he realizes that he was wrong. Those were not soldiers at all. He finally begins to regain the ability to move. He pulls out his rifle and aims at the unknown figures. He hears shouting in the distance, as if the figures were chanting. He pulls the trigger but to no avail.

The rifle was jammed. He quickly switched to his pistol but the pistol refused to fire. In panic he continues to repeatedly pull the trigger. At last the stubborn pistol fires. The commander cries in pain as the bullet lodged itself in his shoulder. He is on the ground. The pistol had backfired. He can still hear the chanting. His vision is blurring. He passes out.

Eagle Squad never reached Point Bravo.