Happy

I found my happiness.

I found it in a friend.
                                        He called me every night if he could without fail, he argued with his girlfriend about me because of how close him and I were. He cheered me on in my happiest moments and helped me out of my worst. But we were honestly platonic.

I found it in our bond.
                                         We had an ineffable connection. I could conjure no words to describe our indescribable bond, but I wouldn't change it for anything. Neither of us knew what this bond was, we put it down to the 'brother and sister bond'. But it wasn't.

I found it in our reunion.
                                               We stopped talking for a torturously short period of time. I felt the irrefutable urge to message him, to apologise once again for my wrongdoings, to check he was okay. Not long before I reached out to him, he was planning to end his life. Something urged me to message him. Something urged me to unknowingly save his life, which resulted in our reunion.

I found it in our relationship.
                                                         Our platonic bond soon turned romantic. The ineffable connection we had in which we blamed on the 'brother and sister bond' turned out to be a soulmate connection. He is my soulmate and has been all along, what a plot twist.

I found my happiness in a friend who I shared a bond with. I found my happiness in a friend who was my soulmate in disguise. I have my happiness in our relationship.