5

Y/N
-

Tonight was a state game. Second round, at home, so it was a big game, for the team anyway, so nobody but the parents of the team would show up, and Jade. Of course Jade was going to show up, I told her that if she didn't I wasn't going to go on her date with her.

"Captain captain captain." Alex says, running up to me and I chuckle at her as I strap on my shin guards and pull my socks on.

"What's up other captain?" I ask and Alex drops her band at my feet as I put my cleats on.

"Alexis and I aren't wearing our bands tonight." She says and I look up at her.

"What, are you guys dumb?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No, we trust you." She says and I sigh, handing her band back to her, because what am I going to do with two captains armbands.

-
Jade
-

"So you're dating my daughter." Y/N's dad says as we both stand at the rail, waiting for the team to come out so we could see Y/N.

"That I am."

"You like her?"

"Very much. I don't plan on hurting her." I say and he nods.

"Alright." He says and I nod as the team comes out, and Y/N comes over, climbs up onto the utility box, hugs me, hugs her dad, kisses me and hops back down.

"Good luck!" We yell out and she smiles, waving at us before going and grabbing some of the mini jerseys off the ground behind the bench and separates them into three groups, two red jerseys are handed out, and the rest wear either blue or green.

"Hang on." I say, looking at Y/N's arm and then to the other two captains' arms. "Y/N's the sole captain tonight." I say and her dad looks closer.

"Holy shit, you're right." He says and I smile.

-

When the game starts, Y/N is up top with Alex, and they work together to get the ball. Which was fairly easy, the girl that had the ball seemed out of practice or just plain nervous, so they doubled her, Y/N got the ball with ease and headed up the field close to the line. Nobody was there to help her except for Alex, but she wasn't open, so Y/N had to weasel her way around her opponents and to the goal, where she waits for the keeper to get down before scoring with a shot that went straight through the keeper's legs. Y/N was ecstatic about it and went and hopped on Alex in celebration.

-
Y/N
-

During half time, as we sit by the corner flag, I stand by the team, drinking my water, my chest heaving because I just sprinted from one end of the field to the other trying to defend, which worked, but it'd be nice if I got some sort of support.

"Okay, I'm tired of holding my tongue. What the actual fuck is wrong with you girls tonight?" I ask, tossing my bottle onto the ground, watching as it whacks Alex in the knee. "You've been doing so damn good, and today, it's like, all of a sudden, you forgot how to play soccer." I say. "I about killed myself just now trying to do a job that shouldn't be all my own. I've scored the only goal this entire game, I've done most of the defending, and all of the attacking," I say and Alex opens her mouth. "I'm not blaming you for anything, Alex, they're targeting you, but you're the only person they're doing that to, so what's the rest of your excuses?" I ask, looking over when I see all four coaches headed over. "Get your shit together or I'm turning my uniform in. All of you." I say before listening to what the coaches have to say and heading over to the bench when they're finished speaking, refill the bottle, get one last drink and leave it in it's rack with the others before getting back onto the field. I'm staying in the game, and they changed the formation to a 5-4-1, so I stayed up top and everyone else was shifted around.