3

I was going to go into the game in the twentieth minute, and I was fine with that. I had a bad feeling about this game. As we're heading to the bench, Alex nudges me, pointing to the stands, so I look over and smile when I see Jade standing at the rail, waving, so I go over to her and climb up to be at eye level with her.

"Hey, game day." She says, grinning and I smile.

"Yeah, finally all suited up and ready to go." I say and she rests a hand on my shoulder, so I look at her, seeing my dad taking a seat just over her shoulder, he looked at me, but I knew he was going to wait until I was done talking to Jade

"Hey, I know you're nervous, but it's gonna be fine, you're going to do great." She says and I sigh.

"I hope you're right." I say, looking down at my cleats.

"She is." I hear my dad say, and look up to see him beside Jade. "Y/N, you've been playing your whole life. You've got this."

"And what if I get hurt? It's my first game. I don't want to be out for the rest of the season after playing only five minutes."

"You're going to be fine." I hear from behind me to see Alex and the team looking at me. "Now come on, we need our captain to lead us through warmups." Alex says as Laina comes over, holding her hand up to me to help me off the utility box I was standing on.

"Yeah, we do need you and Alexis to lead us through warmups." I say and Alexis walks over, handing me a captain's band. I quickly look at both her and Alex's arms, and see that they've both got their armbands on.

-

"Alex," I say as the whistle blows, the ref signaling for the Athletic Trainers. She looks over and comes over to me as I lay on the ground. "It's my ankle." I say and she sighs as our trainers come over, handing Alex and myself bottles of water, so we both drink as the trainer asks what's going on. "My ankle." I tell him and he sighs.

"Alright, let's get you up." He says and I nod, giving the bottle to Thomas. The trainer helps me to my feet, but my ankle immediately gives out and I go right back down. That's when Rylie picks me up and carries me off the field, and to the bench, one end of which has been cleared, and I'm set on it.

-
Alex
-

After the game, since the trainers couldn't do anything for her ankle, Y/N's dad had taken Y/N to the hospital. I got Y/N's bag from behind the bench, got her keys out of her bag, and drove to the hospital.

"May I help you?" The receptionist in the Emergency Room asked, and I sighed, nodding.

"Yeah, I'm here to see Y/N Harris." I say and she nods.

"May I just ask your relation to her? Security purposes." She says and I nod.

"If I say I'm her friend I'm not getting back, huh?" I ask and the lady shrugs.

"Go on back, she's in bed 4." She says, pressing a button behind the desk so the door unlocks, and I go back, to bed 4 and walk over to her dad.

"So how'd it go?" He asks and I sigh.

"Well, it was tied when you left. We made them pay. Came back and won 7-2, crazy what you can do against a team like that when your opponent breaks your managing captain's ankle." I say and he smiles. "I got a hat trick in her honor." I say, and he smiles again

"I'm sure she'll appreciate that." He says as I pull up a chair to sit beside him.

"Appreciate what?" I hear Y/N as I sit, so I look over and smile when I see her being wheeled back to us, so I help her get onto the bed before speaking up.