Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

12 begging

Don't forget to comment and share if you like this story so far!

*

Mason

God damn me to hell and back.

Everly fucking Reed.

She was going to kill me.

I couldn't bring myself to stick to that line I insisted on drawing between us.
One minute, I was drowning in guilt, promising myself I'd stay away from her, for good this time.

The next, she'd asked me about my fear, so direct and relentless and pure, that I'd forgotten everything, every stupid thought of letting her go. Then I was moving closer to her and...

And she'd let me.

She'd stared up at me with those hazel eyes like a perfect storm, beautiful and impeccable and so unlike me, and she'd tilted her neck.

Up close I could see the generous caramel dusting of freckles spreading from the tip of her nose to her high- set cheekbones. I was royally fucked.

Everything I'd learned about control came surging to the surface of my skin, threatening to burst through, and I had to wield a grip on it before I succumbed, before I was down on my knees begging for her touch—something.

Anything.

I moved forward, grazing my nose against the skin of her neck.

Soft.

Her skin was soft, her heartbeat thrumming underneath her skin like a small bird set free. Her scent of jasmine and berry stilled my breath.

Fresh blood rose to the surface of her skin, to the dip of her chest. Her skin was unblemished, save for a small brown mole, just above her cleavage.

It stirred some inherent part of me. Numbess spread through my core as her small hand grasped more of my shirt.

I angled my head, placing my lips to her jaw, feeling her pulse like a hammer.

She sprung away at this touch, shifting her gaze away from me.

My ears were ringing, and I heard her mutter something about college before she stood with an apathetic sort of ease.

"Yeah. Sure," I muttered, not sure what exactly I was saying, or what I was responding to.

"Bye Mason," she said.

She closed the door before I could respond.

"Bye, blondie," I said to no-one.

*

Ever

I kept touching my jaw.

No matter what I did, I couldn't forget the way he'd touched me there.

I didn't know what we were, whether there was even a word to describe the mess that existed between us. I didn't want to think about it, either.

What had I done?

I was breaking into a cold sweat. Breathe, Ever, I reminded myself. Breathe.

But, his lips...

No.

Not now.

Not when he was only a few feet away from me.

Not when my first day of college was a few hours away.

I cleared the thoughts from my mind. Blanked it out completely. If I thought about it any more, I might combust.

I decided to sort out my backpack with all the things I needed the next day, I decided to sleep early. It would give me a full night to clear my mind, if anything.