Chapter Nineteen - Þögn

Author's Note: My dearest loves, you're certain to be happy with the news that I don't have much of an author's note for this chapter. Then again, once the chapter is over, you may not actually be so pleased with me...anyway...enjoy, and I look forward to hearing from you guys! You were all so excited and receptive of the last chapter and that warms my heart!

..........................................

..........................................

Chapter Nineteen - Þögn, or Silence

"WHAT THE FUCK?" I wake up panting, thrashing. 

"Glad to see your vocabulary has remained much the same," Loki says. I stare at him, reaching out for him. 

"Afraid my constancy has faltered, dear," I remark, recalling with what ease I passed out at the sight of him. I reach for his hand but he pulls back with a grimace. 

"Afraid not, my love. I'm not exactly here in corporeal form," he sighs. I sit upright despite his protest. He eyes my baby bump with care and I place my hands over it, feeling the life radiating from our sweet child. 

"Explain," I demand. 

"Well," he begins with an expression on his face I have not seen before. "My body is currently on the Isle of Silence, entombed there by Amora. She underestimated my magic and my desire to come back to you. It took me quite some time but I have managed to sever the tie between my soul and body."

"And here I thought you had no soul," I joke emptily, trying desperately to cope. He smiles tightly and I inch closer to him though I know it will not give me the satisfaction I seek. "You say Amora did this to you?"

He nods. "It was quite clever."

"I am going to kill that bitch."

"Ah, let us reserve that for another time. For now, you need her. I need her. You must get Amora to take you to my body so that I can reunite with my proper form."

"This is so fucked up." I rub my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose. I look up at Loki who looks at me with those eyes that I have missed and that I so adore. I sigh. "I just want to touch you."

"I wish it were so," Loki says. 

I wave my hands, feeling the rush of emotion come over me. "No, no! I have longed for your touch for so long, to hear the sound of your voice. I have longed only to have you curled around me, keeping our child and myself safe. I HAVE BEEN ROBBED OF THESE THINGS AND I AM NOT ALRIGHT!"

Loki is silent awhile, his eyes looking wide and tired. 

I take a deep breath. "I am sorry. I…lose myself sometimes."

"Don't we all," Loki remarks pensively and then he smiles faintly at me. I become aware of the tears dripping from my chin and I wipe my eyes and then my nose as it starts to run. I sniff and then sigh. "Overall you seem to be quite well…you are certainly coping."

"Is this about Frey?" I ask with a groan. I roll my eyes but Loki does not seem to enjoy that action either. "I love Frey as one loves a friend…or, or a comrade. I know I may not have had the purest of intentions with him this evening, but I cannot lie to you Loki…I am lonely, I am tired and for fuck's sake I am sexually frustrated!”

Loki, despite everything, laughs loudly, his shoulders shaking. This brings me some kind of relief and so I relax my tension. "Do not mistake my amusement for acceptance. I will not give you over to Guarinnson so easily, my love. I will have you back so soon you will hardly even have a moment to think on him."