~10~

Chapter 10: Back in Action, Bitch

Chapter Song: Killer Queen by Queen

"She's a killer Queen, gun powder, gelatin, dynamite with a laser beam. Guaranteed to blow your mind. Anytime. Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite."

~
          Scott and Isabella had just finished a conversation with Allison after Isabella's fight with Erica, where she had warned Isabella to not to get too involved. Gerard was in town and Derek was creating new betas, neither was good. Allison saw these events as battle lines being drawn between the two sides; the hunters and the werewolves. Isabella fully agreed with Allison about the battle lines, but she wouldn't promise that she wouldn't get involved. She just couldn't stay away from it, it was inevitable.

Allison had left not only seconds ago and Stiles was now rushing through the cafeteria towards Scott and Isabella's table. Isabella slammed her hand onto her forehead in aggravation," Oh, what now?"

Stiles slid to a stop behind them and put his arms around both of their shoulders," Scott, Izzy. Look at that."

Isabella looked up from her hands to see where Stiles was pointing and followed his finger to look at a vacant table across the room. It wasn't just any table though, it was the table they had sat at only the day before to retrieve some keys; Boyd's table. Isabella's eyes went wide and she sat in her seat in shock. The table was empty; Boyd never missed school. Isabella didn't want to believe the thought that immediately came to her mind but she couldn't help it. Boyd was the third one; the third beta.

It made sense, her dad was picking people who needed power in their lives and Boyd was the perfect prey. He was a loner and was typically very shy, he sat alone everyday. Isabella thought herself to be very friendly so she didn't understand why he would choose Derek over asking to be friends with her. She would do it without a second thought. Those teenagers didn't need Derek, especially not Boyd.

Isabella was brought out of her state of shock as Scott spoke up in confusion," What? It's an empty table."

Isabella turned to him in a state of panic and asked, " Yeah, but who's empty table,Scott?"

Scott's eyes then widened as he realized who should have been sitting at the table, "Boyd."

Scott looked to Isabella, questioning if she was thinking the same thing as him and when she nodded her head in agreement they both sprung out of their seats and hurried out of the cafeteria. They knew that they needed to stop him from making such a drastic and horrible decision, they couldn't stop Erica but they could help him.

Stiles struggled to follow behind his friends and was relieved when they assigned him to check Boyd's house to see if he was there. He was happy that he wouldn't have to keep speed with them for much longer, they'd go their separate ways once they were outside the school.