[43.1] Battlefield

Start from the beginning

"SHUT UP! LEAVE ME ALONE! GO AWAY!"

Now, not only Chaeyoung who's crying, but also me...

Oh, heart. Please, stay strong for this time. It is my own fault she's like this! Convince her before she vanish!

"Please... Chaeyoung-ah.."

"WHAT?!" Suddenly she stand up angrily and face me with her red crying + angry face. "DIDN'T I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY?!"

Nooooo, Chaeyoung. I won't!

"WHY ARE YOU STAY QUITE? GO!" She shout angrily as she point to somewhere where i don't know where it will lead to. Everything is white here.

I shook my head. "I don't want..."

"What? You... don't want?...." she's not shouting now. Her voice changed into the soft one. Should i say, the sarcastic one? "Okay, fine. If you don't want, then i will."

Oh shit.

Before she started running away, i grab her hand tightly.

It feels real... i am holding her hand.. i can feel it...

And there's Chaeyoung start to be aggressive, pulling her hand from me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WHAT DO YOU WANT?! WHY ARE YOU HOLDING MY HAND?!" She shout.

It's a lie if i say I'm okay. I'm not okay. Why is she like this? Why she doesn't want to give me chance to say?

She start to run away from me. Shit this whole thing! I can't let her go! I don't want to let go this chance! I must not! I don't want to regret it!

I open my legs and start to run chasing her. Gladly, i got her. I quickly give her a very tight backhug so she can't run away from me again.

"LET. GO. OF. ME!" She shout as she struggle a lot in ny hug.

"NO!" I finally shout at her, releasing my anger. Sorry... i didn't mean too... but i have too...

She stop from doing any action. There was a silent moment when a sobbing sound could be heard.

"I love you too, Chaeyoung-ah.." i finally said it. "My tears... i let out thousands litre of tears for you... why don't you give me chance to speak before you run away?"

I joined her crying.

"Let me go Minari... i know you are lying.. just let go of me.. I'll be okay... don't comfort me with lies.."

"What if i said i am not lying?" I asked.

No response from her.

"I really meant it. I love you. You don't know how lonely i am when you not there, right beside me. Right beside us. You don't know how broke my heart was when you gave us the very last smile. You don't know how high my love towards you. You-"

"Please.... please stop this lies, Mina. I don't want to hear to it!"

I couldn't hold it anymore. I release the hug but i still won't let go of her. I hold her shoulder and make her turn to face me. I hold her shoulder tightly and shaking it to make her wake up. "I AM NOT LYING! I AM BEING HONEST! I AM TELLING THE TRUTH! WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?! Please.... listen to me first, can you?"

"But Mina-"

"SHUT! UP! I AM HURTING TOO! YOU SAID TO US TO SHED OUR TEARS AND SMILE ALWAYS. BE HAPPY. BUT TELL ME HOW CAN I BE HAPPY NOW?! HOW CAN I SMILE RIGHT NOW WHEN PERSON I LOVE DIDN'T WANT TO BELIVE IN ME? DIDN'T WANT TO BELIEVE MY FEELINGS TOWARDS HER? DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR ME OUT? TELL ME! TELL ME HOW CAN I SMILE?! HOW CAN I BE HAPPY AFTER THIS?!"