28- o' holy night

SCHOOL WAS FINALLY over! Not totally over, but we were finally going on the Christmas break

Last year it was just me, my dad and Bullet.  But this year, I had David, Grace, Ella and my stuttering was at an all new low. Something I thought would never happen in this lifetime. Maybe mine was psychological after all.

The hallway was noisy with everyone trying to get out of school. I walked over to my locker to empty it and get all my books.
David and Ella were already there waiting for me. Those two were getting closer each day and I was glad about that.

Ella smiled more, stopped dressing like a tomboy and finally got rid of the cap she was always wearing. Every time she and David talked, I could see how her eyes lit up.

"Finally some Xbox for us!" I said, knocking them out of the trance they were currently in.

"Yeah man!" David gave a halfhearted laugh and tore his eyes away from Ella.

They did that a lot these days. The two of them would enter into a staring contest in the middle of a conversation and it took me and sometimes Grace to lift them out of it.

"I have some news Jade," Ella said, her tension obvious.

"Why what's up?"

"Can I give you a hug?" she asked.

"Of c-course," I beamed and crushed her in a bear hug.

Actually, more like a very slim bear hug seeing that I wasn't huge like a bear, or huge at all.

Fate decided to go against me at that moment again. I saw the twins from the corner of my left eye and they did not look happy. They looked mad.
Which was rational given that I had told them that I was in love with their sister two weeks ago and here I was hugging someone else.

Calvin did an 'I see you' sign with his right hand and they left. Those guys really were going to murder me and throw me into an incinerator if I ever hurt Grace.

Ella and I pulled out of the hug and I fist bumped David. He was slouched against the locker and hadn't seen the twins. I was thankful for that because he tended to be overprotective sometimes too.

"You guys seem really happy. What's going on?" I asked them.

"There's a possibility that my sister can walk again," Ella told me.

"Really? Wow, that's great news!"

"I know! I got in touch with this doctor and he said there's a chance he could operate on Lois with his team but he would have to see her first."

"That is really great news. So when will you guys go and see him?" I asked her.

"That's where the problem comes in. I haven't told my parents yet and there's no way they would allow the doctor to examine Lois."

"Why not?"

"After her accident, the doctors told us that if surgery was done on her and it didn't go well, there could be devastating consequences."

"But at least you guys can go and see him right?" David piped in.

"My parents are too strict and will not think twice before saying no."

"What do we do now?" David wrapped her hand around Ella's.

"I'd have to think of a very good way to pitch this to them."

"We're all in this together. All of us," David assured her and I nodded.

"Thanks guys. Let's find Grace and get out of here. It's Christmas break!" she did a little jump flip and we all laughed.

Grace was talking to her friends by her locker. I always forgot their names.

"Hey guys! Ready to go?" she said goodbye to her friends and asked us.

"Ready as Santa's sleigh." I joked.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the funny skills of my father.

"Dude, that was not a funny joke", David faked a frown.

We got to the school car park and saw Mrs. Thompson waiting for Grace with the twins in the car.

She got out of the car and said to us, "Hey guys. Grace has to go with me. Family meeting."

"I'm coming mom." she repliec to her mother and turned to us to say goodbye to us.

I crushed her in a hug and overwhelmed by my feeling's for her, I whispered into her ear,

"I think I love you."

She pulled back suddenly and looked at me with a surprised look on her face. That was not the reaction I was expecting but that wasn't the fatal blow.

"Thank you Jade," she slowly drawled out and walked over to the car and entered.

That was the fatal blow.

I turned to Ella and David and they just stared at me without saying anything. I'd just messed up big time.

What do you guys think of this chapter? And the ending...whoa I know right! Do you think Jade made a mistake?