Chapter 10: Gotham Fairgrounds

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Frankie: (Whispers) "Ooh, alright, now. Go ahead, Barbara. I see you." (Barbara smiled and blushed a little.)

Barbara: "Thank you, Dick."

Dick: "Anytime. Just one more." (She looked up and tries to find the last one.)

Barbara: "Where is it?" (Dick leaned forward and kissed her cheek.)

Dick: "Right there." (Barbara giggled while she was turning red.)

Barbara: "That's all of them?"

Dick: "Yep. Just about finished."

Barbara: "Great. Um, I'm planning to go to the Gotham Fairgrounds tonight. Are you coming?"

Dick: "To see Ashes On Sunday?"

Barbara: "Yes, Dinah will be singing her heart out for this one and Frankie and I were wondering...well...I was wondering if..." (She was really nervous that her hands were shaking and Dick grabbed them.)

Dick: "You're wondering if I would come. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm going, but if I'm having fun with you, Barbara." (He puts her red strand behind her ear and Barbara cleared her throat.)

Barbara: "Yeah, so...I'll see you tonight, then."

Dick: "Sounds fun. See you later." (Dick slowly lets her hands go and went to the gymnasium.)

Barbara: "Dick, wait!" (Dick turned around and faced her.)

Dick: "Yes?"

Barbara: "I...I..." (She had to think about what she was going to say, but she was stuck on her words. Dick was concerned about what she was going to say.)

Dick: "Come on, don't be shy. Just say it. Say what you have to say." (Barbara's brain was all jumbled up, so she just erased it instead of thinking about it.)

Barbara: "Ugh, nevermind. My brain's are all mixed up right now."

Dick: "Oh, okay. I'm about to head out towards the gymnasium to start my exercises. Try not to think too hard, so your brain energy will strain and burst into flames before the festival." (Dick started to jog towards the gym and Barbara scratched her head.)

Barbara: "Yeah, that's if I have any brain juice left." (Frankie went to her and saw Dick enter the gym. Frankie stared at Barbara and Barbara stared back feeling a little awkward.)

Barbara: "Uhhh, Frankie? Why are you grinning at me like that?"

Frankie: "It's called excitement, girl."

Barbara: "By grinning into my soul right now? It's terrifying and it's making me uncomfortable. Please, stop doing that."

Frankie: "Barbara and Dick sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

Barbara: "Okay, Frankie. We're not in kindergarten."

Frankie: "Barbara, I see you with your bad self. Go, girl. You got the boy of your dreams."

Barbara: "Cut it out."

Frankie: "No, I'm serious. Haven't you noticed? Every girl that wants to get with Dick, he always push them away because he thinks that you is the most attractive girl in this entire campus!"

Barbara: "Well, I'm not the only one who's attractive."

Frankie: "Hey, I said he's attracted to you and only you. Nobody else included. He wants you to be his girlfriend, Babs. Can't you see that with your own eyes? I know I'm not blind."

Barbara: "No, you're not and it's not like that. We're just best friends."

Frankie: "Mm-hm. Right. Best friends, you say. Okay, then."