Chapter 5: Rejection

At around 4 in the afternoon that day, I heard the bell ring. Wait…is it mum? Omg finally, after so long, she’s coming back home early!!

I ran down, opened the door and hug her tightly ‘ mum, you’re finally coming home early. I love you and I miss you ’

‘ I love and miss you too, but I’m not your mum ’ he chuckled

Alvan?? Omg this is so damn embarrassing… ‘ oops, I thought you were my mum…sorry ’

‘ haha it’s okay. Mind if I come in? ’ before I could say anything, he just pulled me in the house and shut the door.

‘ so…Alvan…why are you even here? Shouldn’t you be at Nicole’s house instead? ’

‘ why? You missed me? ’ I blushed while he smirked a little ‘ Renee, do you know that you look cute when you blush? ’ now I blushed even more, I hate it when he does that…

---

‘ so do you want to have some fun today? We can go erm…I don’t know… ’

‘ how about the library? ’

‘ you’re seriously a crazy one, library doesn’t define fun, it defines boring. Do you want to have dinner with me? ’

‘ hmp. No ’

A second later, I found myself on the floor. Alvan on my body. He looked at my mouth then into my eyes. Oh no…not this again. I shut my eyes tightly while I bit my lips. My stomach was filled with butterflies and I could feel my heart pumping on my ribcage, threatening to jump out of my body. I peeked a little at Alvan when I saw he wasn’t kissing me. Phew…but instead, he was hugging me.

He pulled me up, put his arms around my skinny body and leaned in to me. Time felt like it stood still, not moving at all. He pulled me in closer to his muscular body and whispered ‘ I like you Renee ’ he then kissed my cheek, and down my jawline, then my neck and hugged me tightly.

Honestly, I like him too but, I can’t confess. I was afraid that I was just another one of his toys. I laughed quietly and awkwardly while I pushed him away.  ' stop playing anymore Alvan. It’s not funny ’

‘ no Renee, I’m not playing. I really like you. Do you? ’

I wanted to say yes but…how? I’m just a studious girl in school and he’s the school’s badass. We can’t be together. In fact, we'll never be together.  ‘ I like you but as a friend. Even if I do like you, we’ll never be together ’

I swear I saw Alvan’s eyes changed their expression and they kinda watered up but the tears didn’t drop down his face. ‘ don’t worry pretty brown eyes, I promise I won’t give up on you. I might be a playboy or a badass in school, but when I promise something, I keep it ’ he gave a smile.

When I saw his priceless smile, I was gonna faint. He was just too perfect. We agreed on staying at my house to watch movies. I prepared some snacks for the big guy in case he was hungry. So we sat on the couch to enjoy the movie. He put his left arm on my left shoulders, I didn’t budge and from the corner of my eye, I could see him smile a little.

---

‘ bye pretty brown eyes, see you tomorrow ’he winked at me

I waved my hands and smiled back at him. He was just too perfect. It wasn’t hard for a girl to fall in love with him, wait…I slapped myself mentally, I shouldn’t be thinking about this now…was I falling in love with him? no…this is not happening

---

Alvan’s POV

I drove off. Leaving Renee’s house. I have a feeling she was afraid of our reputation. I could read her mind. I was a popular badass in our school while she’s not famous. I know she doesn’t like attention.

I was so stressed out. What am I gonna do to make her accept me? I parked the car at ‘my’ house. A few years ago, I fell out with my family. I was living with my friend, Brandon. He was my age but he quit school last year. He was now working as a waiter. He worked to pay the payment for the house while I repay him by helping him to clean up the house and helped him do stuff like washing the clothes. Hey I might be a bad boy but it doesn’t mean I can’t do household chores.

Brandon usually work till around 7 so I was alone at home now.

I threw my bag on the floor while I lay on my bed. I was so bored. I had this weird idea of calling Renee to like chat with her but it’ll be so weird. I took out my phone and texted her.

‘ hey, you free now? ’

‘ yea, why? ’

‘ I’m bored, do you wanna call and chat? ’

‘ okay, you call ’

Yes, that wasn’t so bad. I remembered her number clearly and called her. After one ring, she picked up the phone.

‘ hey Alvan, missed me? ’

‘ of course I did, did you? ’ I smirked a little

‘ no. So, what do you want to talk about? ’ i giggled a little.

‘ hmm…I heard you’re quite close to that Jake guy huh? Tell me more about that pretty boy ’

Renee’s POV

What? Jake? A pretty boy? Alvan, you’re much more good-looking than him…

‘ he’s not a pretty boy Alvan…he’s really friendly and he’s fetched me back home a few times. We didn’t really talk much though. Btw I gotta go now, my mum’s coming back soon, bye ’

‘ okay, bye pretty brown eyes. You wanna hang out tomorrow? ’

 ‘ okay, bye ’