Chapter 2: Meeting the cutie

When the bell rang, I remembered I had to meet Alvan, if I don't, I'll probably be beaten up by him so I didn't want to take the chance.

I waited for him outside his class while he was preparing to leave the class. He told me to come into his class so I did.

We waited for everyone to leave the class and he told me that we were leaving too.

But before I could walk out of the door, he slammed the door shut and pushed me against the door.

I winced a little but he didn't hear it.

He leaned closer to my face, making my legs feel jelly and I shut my eyes tightly. I hate it when he did that.

He whispered in my ears ' are you scared of me yet? ' he smirked a little and opened the door.

---

When I reached home, the house was empty. Like always.

I didn't have a perfect family. I had my mum, and just her. She told me that my dad ran away with another woman.

I hated my father, he caused my family to be a wreck and he made my mum cry almost every night after he left. I grew up with my mum's support and I don't need a father anyways.

My mum had to work two jobs at once to support me. She worked in the morning from around 5 to the afternoon and she had to rush to another job and came back at around 9. I love my mum, she worked so hard for me.

Though my mum and I did not have much quality time spent together, but I knew her well enough and she understood me. We would usually spend the weekends together, watching movies and going shopping. It wasn't perfect but it was enough for us.

---

I threw my bag on the floor and lay on my bed. I plucked in my earphones and shut the world out.

When I woke up, it was around 5. I went to have a shower and prepared dinner for myself. I would always eat alone at home unless my mum ended work early which only happens like once in a year.

Everyday, it would be the same old routine. After my dinner, I would finish my homework and go to bed.

---

When I woke up I would prepare myself and leave the house. My mum wouldn't be at home when I woke up so I didn't really need to say goodbye or anything like that.

I locked the door behind me and I continued my journey to school. Ohh, I can't wait for school, I thought sarcastically.

When out of nowhere, Alvan jumped out and scared me. ' BOO!! '

I rolled my eyes and told him ' haiz...when will you ever grow up? '

We then walked to school together.

When we entered school, I saw many people staring at us. I could nearly hear them say ' what is SHE doing with MY guy? '

Alvan sort off knew what I was thinking so he put his arms on my shoulders and squeezed it, ensuring me everything would be fine. If I wasn't so tired this morning, I would have hit his arms.

Like I wasn't really close with him, probably not even friends, we are more of strangers than friends.

After Alvan and I separated, I saw the 5Bs walking towards me. I thought they were gonna brush past me but I was wrong.

The 'leader', Nicole, came up to me, gave me an evil smile and said ' hey you, I suggest you better not be with Alvan. He's mine and you better not be challenging me otherwise you'll get it from me '

At the beginning of the year, I thought I would be alone and I wouldn't have much attention and probably not be communicating with any 'popular' people but looks like this year is gonna be different...

I was rushing home today cause I didn't really want Alvan to find me or anything. I was used to walking while using my phone so my head to looking down.

I accidentally bumped into someone else. All my books fell to the ground, I quickly picked up all my books, the 'stranger' also helped to pick some of my books up. I looked at him and I stood there rooted to the ground.

I thought ' OMG!! This guy is so freaking handsome!! ' but of course I didn't say it out. I apologized and he said ' oh, it's okay. Hi my name's Jake. I never really see you around here. You new here? '

I realized that he was one of the popular guys in school. I blushed a little and replied ' erm...no, probably you're one of the most popular guys in school so you don't really pay much attention to some people...'

He smiled a little and said ' then do you want to be my friend? '

' erm...okay? ' it turned out to be a question instead of an answer. I blushed a little and a little smile came onto my face.

He offered to fetch me home and I agreed.

---

' so...you still haven't told me your name ' Jake tried to break the awkward silence.

' I'm Renee '

' ohh, nice name '

' thanks ' our chat was even more awkward than the silence.

He dropped me off outside my house. ' bye Renee, see you tomorrow ' he gave me a light smile and drove off.

Jake's POV

Once I dropped Renee off outside her house, I said bye and drove off.

She's kinda cute and she somewhat special in a way...idk what but I'm gonna find out what makes her so special.