CH.2: "My Name Is Agony"

Agony's P.O.V

It's another day in the orphanage, and I still don't have ANY friends. I don't want friends either. I'm basically the loner in this place, and the only loner. Everyone thinks I'm weird. But..I'm not weird, am I? I don't think so. It's just that, sometimes I get a little cranky when I have to do things that I don't want to do. But other than that, I can still be nice, I try to be. Everybody in here is mean. I don't know why.

It's play time, as all children, including me, go outside. I sit at the bench and watch everyone play and have fun, as a kid approaches me. That's weird, nobody ever talks to me. "Hi, my name's Brad." he said, as I just sat there, and stared. "So what's your name?" he asked, as I blankly answered, "Agony.". When I said that, his face scrunched up, as if he was 'weirded' out.

"Agony? What kind of a name is that?" he asked, as I looked down in shame. "Weirdo." he said, as he ran off and went back to playing.

Weirdo? I'm not a weirdo. No one ever said that straight up to my face before. I mean, I knew people were thinking that I was weird, but this kid just said it to my face. I don't like that. Not one bit. I decided to get up from the bench and go tell Ms. Rose, who is my therapist in the orphanage.

I ran into her office, seeing Ms

I ran into her office, seeing Ms. Rose reading at her office desk. "Ms. Rose?" I said, as she darted her eyes up towards me. "Oh, hello, sweetheart! I didn't hear you come in. What's the matter?" she said, sweetly, as I made my way toward her. "Some kid outside told me that I was a weirdo.", "Oh really? Who? Do you know his name?" she asked, as I nodded, "His name is Brad. He told me that I was a weirdo because my name is Agony." I said, as I started to cry. "Oh sweetie, don't cry." she said, as she picked me up and sat me in her lap. "I don't know why these problems keep happening." I heard her mumble.

Ms. Rose's P.O.V

Agony looked me in the eyes, me looking into his watery red eyes, as he said with his cracking teary voice, "Why are people so mean? Please tell me, Ms. Rose.". As he said that, my heart broke to pieces for him. I felt terribly bad and sorry for him. "I have no idea. Just because you have such a unique name, doesn't mean-" "What does unique mean?" he interrupted, as I replied. "Different. It means different. And just because your name is different, it doesn't mean that people should treat you any differently. Now let's go talk to that 'Brad' boy." I said, as I put him down on his feet, and we headed outside.

"Point him out to me." I said, as he did just that. "Over there. That's Brad." Agony said.

" Agony said

"Oh my. That's Brad?" I asked, as he nodded his head, keeping his attention on him. Brad didn't look like he was nice.

"You go play while I handle this." I told Agony, as he had already disappeared from my side.

I walked over to the little boy, as he stopped playing, noticing me. "Hello. Is your name Brad?" I asked, "Yes." he replied back. "Um, did you call Agony a 'weirdo'?" I asked, as he shook his head, "No! He's lying!" he said, sternly. "Calm down, Brad. Now Agony came to me, crying because you called him that. Are you sure he's telling a story?" I asked, as he sighed and looked down. "Yes, Ms. Rose." he admitted. "Now you know that it isn't nice to call people names. You know that, don't you?", he just nodded slowly. "Go inside." I said, as he sadly made his way inside.

Agony's P.O.V

As I sat at the bench, I seen Brad, passing by me, as he looked at me with anger. He then went inside. I then seen Ms. Rose go inside after he did, as I smiled to myself, "Brad's gonna learn his lesson." I thought, and that was the end of that.