"Best friend telepathy," she says, handing me the drink, smiling like an idiot. She's so proud of herself that it's kind of cute.

"Thanks," I say, sipping thirstily and almost choking because I drank too fast.

After everybody has bought what they wanted, we head to theatre number four and get seats in front of the large screen. The seating arrangement is Tristan, Cara, Janie, Chris, me, and then Cael on the end.

As the previews start flashing, I turn my head to see Chris and Janie already going at it, happily making out like they're the only ones in the theatre. If it weren't for the rest of our group, they would be.

I look further down and see that Cara and Tristan are also blissfully kissing away, but not in Cara's usual disgusting way, it's more just pecks on the cheek, and whispered words in ears. Kind of cute. But still, what the hell? Did they expect me to turn to Cael and start doing the same, though? I practically just met the guy!

I turn to him and see that he's watching me with a smirk on his face. He rolls his eyes and says, "Wanna get out of here? It's getting a little...erm..."

"Hot in here?" I supply. He nods, gets up and offers me his hand, helping me up.

"Thanks," I say. We walk quietly to the back row of the theatre and both in breathe a big sigh of relief.

"It was getting awkward there," whispers Cael. I giggle and nod my head, "Yeah, it was."

We sit in silence as the previews flash by, simply content to watch. Cael is cool like that, not making me feel compelled to converse. But after the first couple of previews, the movie begins. It starts off with a big fight between the female protagonist and her current boyfriend. They're yelling, and throwing things at each other, making some big deal over nothing. I'm not even completely sure why they're fighting in the first place, though I think it had something to do with roller skates- I don't really care.

I feel Cael shift uncomfortably in his seat.

"Everything okay?"

He nods. "Yeah, I'm good. I just...well I guess I kind of don't like the movie."

Laughing quietly, I say, "The movie's only just started and already you don't like it? I mean neither do I but I don't like this kind of movie to begin with. What's your reason?"

Cael sighs, "Well, look at the female protagonist. She truly believes that he's been cheating on her."

"Well, maybe he did," I say a little awkwardly.

Cael shakes his head. "I don't think so."

"We'll just have to see," I whisper ominously.

Halfway through the movie I realize that Cael was right. The movie sucked, and the boyfriend hadn't cheated on her at all. I roll my eyes and turn to him, "Can we please leave? I'll but you a victory coffee."

Cael looks thoughtful, "Sure. Let's get outta here. But would you be up to taking a walk somewhere with me? I'll collect the victory coffee some other time."

"Anywhere but here is fine with me."

Ten minutes later, we're standing in the most beautiful café I have ever seen. "This is your shop? As in, you own this place?"

"Yup, I own it. Well, mostly. It's my business, but I don't own the space, I rent it. I can't own one room in this whole mall, after all. I saved up the money from my bookstore job and other odd jobs here and there."

There are two large bookcases lining the back walls, filled with so many books that you can't possibly count the number comfortably. Tables line the front of the room, and in the middle of the room, there is a huge fridge partially surrounded by an island that holds about everything you could possibly want to add on top of your coffee or tea.