Smile// Jughead Jones

Start from the beginning

As I walk into the quiet house I sigh in relief. Soon. 

I walk through the hallway into my small room. I lock the door behind me and move to the edge of my bed. I grab the box from under the bed and pull the lid off. Pulling the fresh blades from the box. I set them on the bed then pull off the sweatshirt I was wearing. Revealing hundreds of small cuts on my arms. 

"Finally," I mumble to myself. I grab my phone and pull up mine and Jughead's conversation and hit send on a draft message. I throw it down and chuckle softly. I take the blades and slide into the bathroom.

******

-Jughead's POV-

    I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and I pull it out. It was from Y/n? My heart beats quickly as I open the message. Then it drops.

Goodbye Jughead. I always loved you. But it seems pretty pink is more your style. Besides. Who would ever love a broken girl? I guess now its who would ever love a dead girl huh? 

  The fuck does she mean? 

  "Whats wrong Jughead?" Betty mumbles.

  "I've- I-  have to go," I say jumping up from booth we were sitting at.

"Whats wrong?" Betty asks.

"My friend Y/n I think she- or she is-" I didn't want to say the words. I wave to Betty and run to my bike. Climbing on then speeding to her house. I run inside straight to her room in the back. I fumble with the doorknob but nothing. It was locked. "Y/n!" I scream, "unlock the door! Its me Jughead!" Nothing. I sigh and take a couple steps back and run into the door again and again until it finally pops out of place. I get inside and search around nothing. But the sound of running water. I move to her bathroom and pull open the door to the most horrific scene. The girl I loved sitting in the tub fully clothed with her wrists slit. "Y/n no no no," I mumble. I walk towards the tub and pull her out of it. "Come on come on," I sob. I lay her on the ground and push against her chest trying to get her breathing while her blood pools around her. "Please please Y/n no," I sob. 

 "Jughea- Oh my god," Betty gasps.

 "Help me!" I scream at her. She grabs her phone as I turn back to the lifeless frame of my best friend. I press my forehead to hers. "I loved you... I loved you please. Please... Please Y/n don't leave me." 

"We need help our friend she committed suicide," Betty says into the phone.

"Please you can't be dead," I sob, "I can't do this without you please."

"137 astor lane," Betty says. I could barely hear her over my sobs. I caress her cheek my tears crashing against her face. 

"Damn it!" I scream, "no please." I sat there for what felt like forever just holding on to her. Until I felt people pulling me away. The ambulance had come for her. "No!"

"Jughead," Betty says, "they have to take her." I wipe my eyes and let go of her small frame. They check her pulse and sigh. Placing her inside a body bag and taking her away from me. My sniffling self was all that could be heard. I lean my head onto Betty's shoulder and loose it. I had loved her more than anything else. So I let her go so I wouldn't hurt her and now she's gone. 

******

It had been a week since her death, funeral day. I adjust my clothes before I walk into the funeral home. Surprisingly all of Riverdale was here. Even Reggie and Cheryl. Archie and Betty run towards me. Pulling me into hugs.

 "Are you okay?" Betty asks. I look down at my shoes.

 "Honestly? Not at all," I say, "she's gone because I wasn't there for her. I left her for the assholes in this town and she's fucking dead." 

"Jug," Archie says, "its not you're fault."

"Like hell it isn't!" I exclaim, "If I was there for her I could of helped her, made sure she was taking her meds. Something-" I could feel the tears in my eyes. "I could of done anything." 

"Juggie," Betty mumbles. I wipe my eyes and sigh, "you should go see her."

"Yeah," I mumble. I walk to the casket with Betty hanging on my arm. Once I reach the casket I see the beautiful girl. Her s/c skin paler and lifeless. I feel sick seeing her all dressed up like this. "She would never wear a pink dress," I say looking at the dress in her figure, "she hated pink."

"Jug," Betty mumbles. 

"Can I have a moment?" I ask Betty. She nods and pulls away, leaving me at the casket alone. I pull the daisy from my pocket and sit it in her hands.  "I know its too late to say this.... But I love you... loved. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm so so sorry. I'm so sorry." I look down her small frame and sigh, looking down at the note she had slipped in my locker.

'Smile'