Chapter 7: Broken And Kept Promises.

Addy sat in the auditorium, checking the door every few seconds.

"Hey. You looking for me?" Sebastian said from behind her. She turned quickly, surprised by him.

"You came?" She said, sounding shocked. He was holding a bouquet of flowers in him hand.

"I told her I would."

"So did her father, and yet." She said, gesturing towards the empty seat on the other side of her.

"His loss." Sebastian said as the lights dimmed.

The lights came back on at the end of the recital.

"That was actually the most adorable thing I've ever seen." He told her, clapping loudly along with the other parents.

"Baby, you did so good!" Addy said as Lexie ran up to her, still in her tutu.

"Thanks mommy! Sebby you came!" Lexie cried, hugging Sebastian's legs.

He crouched down to Lexie's level, "of course I did, and these are for you." He said, handing her the bouquet of tulips.

She smiled and threw her arms around his neck, making Addy's heart melt. Lexie was usually shy, but she really warmed up to Sebastian.

"Mommy, can Sebby have dinner with us? We're getting burgers from our favourite restaurant then we're going to watch a movie. Please?" Lexie begged, pouting the same pout Lily always does.

Addy brushed her hair behind her ear, "Seb, if you'd like to join us for supper, you are more than welcome."

"That sounds amazing, I'd love to." He said with a smile. As they left Lexie held her hands out to Sebastian. He smiled at her and picked her up, carrying her the five blocks to the restaurant. She rested her head on his shoulder as they walked and by the time they got to the restaurant she had fallen asleep.

"Here, I can take her." Addy said with a sigh. "She so silly." She told him as Sebastian passed her over. "Wakey wakes sleepy head, it's time to have dinner." Addy cooed into Lexie's ear.

When she finally got Lexie to wake up they decided it would be a better plan to get the food to go and to head back to Addy's apartment to eat, just in case Lexie got sleepy again.

She watched as Lexie and Sebastian coloured together while they waited for the food.

Her phone rang, drawing her attention away. It was a confirmation text from her fathers assistant about the rsvps for the bridal shower Addy had planned. All one hundred ladies her sister had wanted her to invite had confirmed, which was really not a surprise since none of them worked for a living. There was also information regarding a place for a bachelorette party. Even though her sister wasn't drinking, they still had to make it look real. Addy quickly texted the much shorter list of ladies the information for the bachelorette party. She planned for them to be on the same day in hopes that most of them would get day drunk and not want to stay out to late.

"Sorry, it's a bit messy in here." Addy said as they walked into the apartment. "I wasn't expecting company."

Sebastian was carrying the food. "It's really alright, you should see my place. It's way messier." He said as he set the food down.

"Sebby, come see my room!" Lexie said as she grabbed his hand and jumped up and down.

The two of them ran off into Lexie's room and Addy could hear her daughter introducing Sebastian to all of her toys. She walked over and saw Sebastian sitting at Lexie's tiny table that she used for tea parties, looking like a giant in the tiny chair. She watched from the door for a moment before shooing Lexie into the bathroom to wash up for dinner.

"You too mister. Anyone could have touched those crayons." She told him with a wag of her finger. He hung his head and hurried past her.

When everyone had finally washed up they sat at the kitchen table. Lexie ate her chicken fingers, talking a mile a mintue, telling Sebastian about her friends from school. Sebastian ate his burger, nodding enthusiastically and asking questions, all while playing footsie with Addy under the table, making it very difficult for her to focus on her own burger.

"Can we watch this movie?" Lexie asked, jumping down from the chair and running to the box of movies. She pulled out The Lion King and handed it to Addy.

"Yes we can, why don't we eat the rest of our supper in front of the tv!" Addy suggested, grabbing her plate and the movie. Sebastian grabbed his and Lexie's plates and brought them over to the coffee table. Sitting on the floor, they finished their suppers and watched the movie.

Addy noticed Lexie's eyes drooping more than half way through the movie as she cuddled up against Addy. She looked at her watch and realized it was well past Lexie's bedtime.

"Lexie, it's getting late. We can watch the rest of the movie tomorrow, but it's time for bed. Say goodnight to Sebastian, go get in your jammies, brush your teeth and I'll be right there."

Lexie hugged Sebastian goodnight and thanked him for coming to her dance recital before running to her room.

Addy walked Sebastian to the door, "I was wondering of I could ask you for a favour."

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Lily's bridal shower and bachelorette party are on Monday, any chance you'd want to babysit? Joan's out of town, and I'd rather she spend as little time as possible with my mother."

"I'd be honoured." He smiled.

"Awesome, she'll be so excited. Thanks again for coming. It meant a lot." She told him, butterflies fighting in her stomach, he was standing so close to her, but it still surprised her when he leaned in, closing the gap, and pressed his lips against hers. His lips moved against hers, soft and sweet, his one hand on her waist, pulling her closer against him and his other hand cupping her cheek.

She pulled away when she heard Lexie running down the short hallway. "I'm ready for a story, mommy." She said, standing there, oblivious to what had just happened.

Addy turned to Sebastian and he smiled. "See you Monday." He said cheerfully, squeezing her hand as he walked away.