Chapter 4: Calling Dibs.

Addy checked herself in the mirror one last time before she went out to the waiting town car. She had straightened her long hair and left it loose. Her short, dark green dress made her green eyes pop and she had put on a smoky eye for the night. She had thought about wearing her favourite white dress, but realized that her sister would probably be the only one in white that night. One more quick glance and she was out the door. As she sat in the car she wondered if she should have worn more cover up, her mom hated her freckles and thought Addy should cover them when there would be picture taken. Addy honestly didn't mind her freckles, she actually rather liked them. Her mother thought they made her look childish, but it gave Addy comfort to see them sprinkled across her tan face in pictures, it made her feel like herself, rather than a clone of her mother.

"Here we are, Miss Addison." The driver said. He was one of her fathers many drivers that he had hired to drive the family around.

"Thanks Freddie." She said as he opened the door from her.

She hurried across the lawn as the rain started, her high heels making it difficult to go quickly. Sebastian was standing at the entrance talking to Addy's father and saw her. He grabbed an umbrella and ran out , holding it above her head as he walked her inside.

"What a gentleman." Her mother said when they entered. Her mother already had a glass of champagne in her hand. Addy hugged her dad and air kissed her mom."really, Addison?" Her mom said,touching Addy's nose with a raised eyebrow.

Addy was about to retort when her mother saw a friend and walked off, taking Addy's father with her, leaving Addy with Sebastian.

"Thank you." Addy said, turning to Sebastian.

"It's no problem." He said, reaching to run his hand through his hair, but stopping himself. Addy noticed that his hair wasn't as messy and he had put product in it. "You look beautiful." He told her, his eyes on hers.

Addy blushed and shoved him, "You clean up pretty nice yourself." He laughed and they walked inside together. She had to admit, he really did look very nice. She spent a lot of time at events like this and the men her age didn't own suits that fit them properly. In fact, looking around, hardly any of the men had suits that fit them as well as Sebastian's fit.

"Your dad's nice, I was talking to him as you came up." He told her, breaking the silence.

"Ya, I saw that. Did you meet my mother?" She asked, she was curious at his impression of her crazy mother.

"She was... Interesting." He said, hesitant.

"She is rather interesting, isn't she. I would have gone with crazy, personally, but Interesting works." She said, looking at her mother from across the room.

"Oh, hey I'll introduce you to Felix's parents." Sebastian told her, leading her across the room towards a couple.

"Sebastian!" The woman said with a French accent, grabbing his cheeks.

"Hello Mrs. Williams, Mr.Williams. This is Addy Jones, Lily's older sister." He rested his hand on her lower back as he introduced her, giving her goosebumps.

"It's so nice to meet you both!" She smiled, shaking their hands.

"Oh my, you are so beautiful, those Jones genes are excellent. I hope any grandchildren we get are as lovely as you and your sister." Mrs. Williams said, Addy quickly looked at Sebastian, worried for a moment that Mrs. Williams knew about the pregnancy.

"You should see Addy's daughter, cute as a button, and very smart." Sebastian jumped in, hoping to steer the conversation away from babies.

"Will she be the flower girl?" Mr. Williams asked.

"Yes, that's the plan." Addy answered relieved. "If you'll excuse me, I should go say hello to my grandfather." Addy shook their hands again before slipping away, Sebastian winked at her as she left.

A short while later, as the party was dying down, Addy trapped talking to some girls she went to school with, Camden and Willow. They were better friends with Lily and Addy could honestly not stand them, but Lily had asked them to be bridesmaids, so Addy forced a smile as they talked about utter nonsense.

"Oh my goodness, who is that?" Camden asked as she adjusted her dress. Addy boredly followed Camden's gaze, but she perked up when she saw that they were staring at Sebastian, who saw them staring and smiled.

"He's coming over here!" Willow gasped, her and Camden did a teeth check.

"I call dibs, I saw him first!" Camden whispered as Sebastian closed in. They stopped talking and flashed their biggest smiles at him.

"Sorry ladies, can I steal Addy away? Best man, maid of honor stuff to talk about, you know how it is."Sebastian said, taking Addy by the hand and pulling her away from the two girls, their jaws wide with shock.

"You looked really bored." He explained as they walked into an empty hallway, away from the large crowd.

"I was, they are insufferable, and shallow."

"Why do you hang out with them, if you hate them so much."

"Because I'm expected to. Their mothers are friends with my mother, it's a whole thing. It's stupid." She said with a shake of her head, realizing how silly she sounded. "Are you having fun?"

"I know very few people in there, but yeah, it's fun." He spoke softly as he said this, gently brushing a strand of Addy's hair out of her face. He leaned his head in slowly and with a little hesitation. Addy could tell he wanted to say something. He opened his mouth but was interrupted by some shouting.

"Sebby!" The voice Addy recognized as Felix shouted. Sebastian quickly stepped away from Addy, just as Felix rounded the corner. "Ready to go, Sebo? Hey Addy, Lily was looking for you, thanks for coming!" Felix said, kissing her cheek and grabbing Sebastian away from her.

She sighed and went to look for her sister, who she found by the front entrance. She was kissing Felix through a limo window as all Felix's friends cat called. The limo then pulled away and Lily saw Addy.

"Bachelor party." Lily smiled. "Wanna have a sleep over? We can talk about seating?" Lily asked sweetly.

Addy simply nodded and they got in the town car. They drove in silence for a while when Lily spoke.

"What do you think of Sebastian?" She asked. Addy knew this was a loaded question. If she said she liked him, Lily would try to force them on each other, and if she said she didn't like him Lily would push it even more.

"He's nice." She said slowly.

Lily smiled, "He is. He's such a good friend to Felix. Did you know they became friends when they both lived in Vienna? Felix's dad was the ambassador there and Seb lived there with his mom."

Addy tried to imagine Sebastian as a kid, but found it hard. All she could think of was him leaning in. She was so caught up in thinking about Sebastian that she didn't notice them arrive at her house. She quickly jumped out and thanked Freddie, and wished him a good night.