Chapter 5: Late Night Calls And Pizza

The soft buzzing of Addy's phone woke her with a start. She panicked briefly when she remembered that Lexie wasn't in the apartment, but when she saw the phone number she knew it wasn't Joan.

"Hello?" She said softly, not wanting to wake her sister.

"Addy? It's Seb!" He shouted into his phone.

"Hold on." She whispered, crawling out ofer bed and sneaking out of the room. "What do you want Sebastian. It's 3:30 in the morning." She said, her voice raspy.

"Shit, were you sleeping?" He asked.

"Yes, of course I was sleeping... Are you drunk?"

"A little bit." He giggled. "I just wanted to call and tell you that I like your freckles. They're cute." He stated, still speaking loudly.

"Thanks, I guess. Could that have not waited until a time when I wasn't sleeping?"

"No, I had to tell you. I didn't want you to spend another night not knowing how beautiful you really are. Your mom shouldn't say stuff like that to you. You're gorgeous and you should be told that." His voice wasn't loud anymore.

She didn't know how to answer that. "Seb..." She said softly, she was touched by what he said.

"Can I come see you?" He asked. Addy thought for a moment, she did want to see him, but she didn't want to sent the wrong message.

"How drunk are you?"

" Barely. Enough to get the courage to call you, but not enough to not remember."

Addy bit her lip, "you can't come over, Lily's here. But if you call me when you're outside, I'll come down to you."

"Sounds like a plan!"

Addy changed out of her pyjamas and into a pair of jeans and her Colombia hoodie. Her phone buzzed with a message from Sebastian saying he was outside, she grabbed her purse and her shoes and ran out to see him.

"Hey you." He said as she came out, he hugged her but quickly let her go.

"Theres a place a few blocks away that serves pizza, all night. Wanna grab a slice?"

"That's one of the best ideas I think I have ever heard in my life. Lead the way."

They started down the dark streets, not really saying much. Addy watched Sebastian from the corner of her eye, trying to gage his drunkness. She determined that he really wasn't drunk, just like he said.

"Did you have fun with the boys?" She asked, curious as to what they did.

He shrugged, "We didn't really do much. They all wanted to go to a gentlemen's club, but Felix wasn't really feeling it. To be honest, it would have been strange, since I wasn't really drinking, neither was Felix. You can't go to a strip club with your buddies unless you all are drunk. It's just weird. We ended up at a pub, a hockey game was on, so there was lots of cheering and shots. Did you have fun with Lily?"

"Oh yeah, arranging seating charts for weddings is what I call a crazy night." she said sarcastically, which made him chuckle. "Don't laugh at me, best man is a lot easier than maid of honor. This time crunch makes it way worse."

"You're a good sister." He told her, opening the door and holding it for her.

"Thank you." She went to the counter and ordered herself a piece of pepperoni and she turned to him, eyebrow raised.

"I'll have the same."

Addy paid for the pizza, swatting Sebastian's hand away when he tried to pay. They sat down at one of the free tables and dug into the pizza.

"Do you think they're rushing into this wedding?" Addy asked. She had wanted to ask Sebastian what he thought about this since they met.

He was mid bite of his pizza when she asked him. He put it back down on the plate and wiped his chin. " I honestly don't. It's not like they just met. Seven months ago he called me and told me about this amazing girl he met and I could tell that she was a game changer for him. If you're worried about her, you have a right to be, but trust me, he loves your sister more than anything. And he's going to love that baby so much, he's always wanted kids. You don't have to worry."

"I can't help worrying. I just don't want her to make the same mistakes I've made. I thought I found a good guy, but he never sees Lexie. It's just the worst feeling in the world when he doesn't show up to the important stuff, she's looks so sad and I just worry that I'm not enough."

"Stop." Sebastian interrupted. "The fact that you worry about that kind of stuff shows that you are enough. It was just me and my mom for a long time, so listen when I say, you are enough, Addy." He held her hand as he said this, looking deeply into her eyes. "And, any guy stupid enough to walk out on you and Lexie isn't worth the sadness." He added as he went back to eating his pizza.

Addy took a hard look at Sebastian as he ate his pizza. He was honestly the strangest man she had ever met, but it was the best kind of strange. He spoke his mind, which Addy appreciated.

"Ads, your pizzas getting cold." He told her, a string of cheese hanging from his lip. She chuckled and picked up her pizza.

They talked and laughed late into the night, sharing personal stories with each other. Addy told him things that she had never told anyone before and he told her more about his mother.

"I wish my mom was like yours." She told him as they left the restaurant. The sun was starting to come up as they walked back towards her apartment.

"I also wish your mom was like mine." His hand bumped into hers and she felt her cheeks warm.

"Home sweet home." She said, awkwardly as they stood outside her building.

"Can I see you today? He asked, "To do wedding stuff." He added.

She nodded, "Lexie has school today, at nine, we can get together after I drop her off."

"Alright. Good night, well I guess good morning now." He kissed her on the cheek. "I'll see you later."

Addy was lost for words and simply nodded at him.

"Bye." He waved. She waved back and snuck back into her apartment. Lily was still asleep when she crawled back into bed.