Gone

Hermione woke up and felt her head rising up and down. She frowned and opened her eyes. Bright sunlight greeted her vision and she sat upright. She looked at her pillow and saw that it was a man's chest rising and falling and not her head. The previous night's activities swam into her mind and she blushed. She got up and carefully pulled her clothes from beneath him and dressed silently.

She checked the time and sighed seeing that it was still early. She turned around to walk away but stopped and walked towards the sleeping blonde wizard. She kneeled beside him and took in his face as if memorizing it. She brushed his hair out of his face and placed a loving kiss on his forehead.

" I love you, Draco...Goodbye.", she whispered as a tear made its way down to her cheeks. She wiped it away and with one final glance at her love, she fled the classroom.

*****

Draco woke up feeling cold all of a sudden. He groaned and tried to sit up but failed miserably.  His mattress was as hard as a marble tile and his back was hurting like a bitch. He swore and opened his eyes and then he remembered what he'd done the previous night. What they'd done the previous night. He smirked and forgot about his backache and got up wincing in pain. He dressed and his heart dropped a little when he remembered what Hermione had come to him for yesterday.  To say goodbye. She was leaving today.

Draco cursed and all but ran outside the classroom and made his way towards the Gryffindor Tower.

He came to an abrupt halt when he felt felt a hand on his shoulder.

" Going somewhere Mr. Malfoy? "

Draco turned around and came face to face with the Headmaster.

Draco cleared his throat awkwardly.

" Um, no. No, just going for a morning walk."

"A walk or a jog?", Dumbledore's eyes twinkled.

" Ur yes. Jog. That's what I was going to do. Jog. ", he said seeing as he was running before Dumbledore caught him.

And with that Draco turned back around and started jogging when he heard the Headmaster say something he didn't want to hear.

" They've already left Mr. Malfoy. "

*****

Draco entered his dorm and slammed the door shut. He kicked off his shoes and yanked off his tie and threw it on the floor. He sat on his bed with his head hanging low.

" Where were you last night? ", Draco heard Theo as he walked and stood in front of him.

Theo smacked him in the shoulder when he didn't respond.

"Earth to Draco, hellooo !"

Draco lifted his head and that's when Theo saw that his eyes were bloodshot.  He hadn't been crying, it was almost like he wasn't allowing himself to cry.

"What is it ??", Theo asked. His voice laced with worry.

Draco just shook his head.

"Nothing. Nothing."

"Oh come on Draco, you know you can tell me."

Draco shook his head yet again and then spoke.

" I have to see someone.  See you later."

And with that, he left and made his way towards the teacher's headquarters.

Narcissa gasped when she saw Draco's face. " Draco! Are you alright ?!"

Draco just shook his head and then laid his head in her lap. Narcissa just stroked his hair lightly, her eyebrows knitted in confusion.

" Where's Hermione, Draco?"

Draco's head shot up upon hearing her name.

"She left with Potter for some reason.",

"When?"

"Today."

And that's when Narcissa smiled inwardly. Her son was in love and that too with a perfect girl.

"Are you upset because she left?", she asked innocently.

Draco sat upright and scoffed.

" Why would I be upset about it mother ?", he asked and pretended to be shocked and somewhat disgusted.

Narcissa chuckled lightly.

" Draco. You can't hide it anymore. It's there?", she pointed towards his eyes.

"But she can't see it.", he mumbled.

" I heard it Draco. Give it time. Be patient. ", she smiled.

Draco nodded and kissed her forehead.

" Thank you mother.  I just hope that she returns back safe."

" I do too."