4: Astronomy and Admirers

- Vik's Pov-

:Noon:

Tuesday so far wasn't nearly as bad as Monday was. In potions and defense against the dark arts I luckily didn't get stuck with Simon as he chose to sit with his fellow quidditch members Harry and Lachlan. Myself, Zoe and Sarah were able to sit together and actually get work done.

"So Vik, are you and Simon...you know?" Sarah trailed off as I shook my head no continuing my work on my potion.

"I don't know why, I think they would make a cute couple. Zoe informed us as she added a few more ingredients into her cauldron as I looked at he aghast.

"What the bloody hell Zoe, did he get to you? Did he bribe you? How many galleons are you getting for this? Are you hexed?" I rushed out looked at her incredulously as she just rolled her eyes.

"Oh please Vik, don't be ridiculous. No one could ever hex me first off, and I see the way you look at him, you look at him the same way a hippogriff looks at a piece of meat. You are just being stubborn" She matter of factly told us still barely looking up from her potion while I turned bright red.

"I do not look at him at all, he is a snobby prat." I said defensively while dumping in 3 more mandrake roots into my potion.

"Vik, the 2 of you have spent this entire class stealing glances at each other. If I didn't know any better I would say 2 minutes ago you weren't even paying attention to our conversation and was busy staring at Simons abs when his shirt burnt off."

I turned an even darker shade of red, mostly because it was true. Simon was crap at potions and he dumped some of his mixture onto himself and it ate his shirt leaving him and his hot 6 pack on display.

"Well he has a good body? So?" I huffed out turning back to my potion as Sarah giggled and Zoe rolled her eyes.

------------
:1 pm:

Astronomy, my absolute favorite class. Nothing is better than staring at at the stars and planets and learning their names. I was so excited for it. Today though, being the first class of the year and how early it was I knew we would just be going over how to set up our telescopes today in a classroom so I wasn't as excited but still. I did get a new telescope over the break though and I did want to learn how to use it.

We were sitting at our own desks in a room with about 60 students - for this class all the houses are together so I saw lots of different people for the first time this year. JJ and friends were sitting not to far away. Simon and Chip were a few desks behind me and Zoella and Lachlan were sitting on either side of me at their own desks. It was nice seeing so many people.

"Ok class take out your telescopes and set them to sect 2." our professor chirped out as she walked into the room. We all immediately got to work setting up our telescopes. We went through multiple steps as we learned the proper instruction on how to do it and it was easy for me until about 15 min left in class.

"Alright class set your telescopes too Cat 53-H9 ."

I had no idea how to do that on my new telescope. I turned the dial left and opened up another lense but still couldn't figure it out. I was becoming absolutely frustrated.

"Hey, do you need some help?" I heard someone ask in front of me. I looked up to see a blonde, lanky, fairly good looking boy in Slytherin robes in front of me. I just nodded my head as he took my telescope and set it.

"I'm Calfreezy by the way, but you can call me Cal." He said smiling at me as he finished my telescope and handed it back to me. I blushed.

"I'm Vikram but you can call me Vik." I said shaking his hand.

"Yea I know, you bested me last year, I'm the seeker for Slytherin, and an Admirer of your talent." He said chuckling.

"Ahh I knew you looked familiar! Ahh sorry about that, needed those points ya know?" I laughed.

He laughed with me until I saw it slightly die out as his eyes glanced behind me. Simon was probably giving him a death stare right now. He just shook it off and looked back at me.

"I hate to be abrupt but you are gay right?" He blurted out suddenly. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yes I am, are you?" I asked back. He nodded in confirmation as I smiled a bit feeling some butterflies in my stomach.

"We should hang out sometime, I think it would be fun." He said keeping his eyes trained on me waiting for my response.

"Yea that would be fun." I said giving him a giant smile as he let out a sigh of relief. "Ok then I'll see you later, need to go back and pack my telescope up." He said waving to me.

I put my telescope in my bag and walked over to Zoe and Lachlan looking at me curiously while I could still feel Simons eyes digging into my skull.

Well. All that's left today is a quick Lunch and then my prefix duty hours with Simon. This'll be fun.