The Beginning of the End

Chapter Seventeen:

Tyler, William and Olivia all stared up at me expectantly.

"You get three tickets each. You all pick one ride and all three of you have to go on it. Tyler, no dangerous rides or ones the other two can't go on. You're the oldest so you are in charge," I told them sternly.

"But Muuummm," He whined.

"No buts."

"It's ok Tyler, I'll take you when the press stuff is done," David whispered to our oldest child. I smacked him in the arm and gave him a disapproving look which just made him giggle.

"You're just as bad as he is!"

"It's alright, I'll promise I'll look after them, even William."

"Hey!"

"We will be back sometime this arvo," Tyler said with a cheeky grin.

"Arvo?" David asked confused. We had been together for over ten years and he still didn't understand my slang.

"Not sometime this afternoon, at one o'clock you will be back here so we can have lunch."

"Just let them go love, they'll be fine," My husband whispered in my ear.

"Alright you can go, just don't use your last name to jump any ques alright? Line up like normal people!"

"Thanks for the idea Mum, bye Dad see you guys later," Tyler yelled running off with his siblings in tow.

"Bye Mummy, Daddy!" Olivia said with a grin before racing after her brother.

"They are going to get in soo much trouble," I sighed, grabbing David's outstretched hand as we walked towards his promotional event.

"It'll be alright love, they can look after themselves," David reassured me, giving my hand a quick squeeze.

"I love you, you know that right?"

"Yes I do, you tell me everyday."

"Well I mean it," I replied defensively but I couldn't help but giggle. I flicked my eyes down to the wedding ring on my finger and couldn't stop the smile that bloomed on my face. After that wonderful premiere night I had been brought back to David's flat and we sat up on the balcony. It was at that spot where I had first told him I loved him. He got down on one knee. I remember trembling, not allowing him to finish his heartfelt speech before wanting to say yes. We didn't have a ring at the time so the ring on the bottle of wine would have to do. I still had it in my drawers which Macy teased me about on a regular basis but I had plenty of details on her and Cedric. Our weddings were close to one another in the Autumn and now I had a loving husband, three beautiful children and two godchildren. My career as an actress dried up after my role on Doctor Who but it didn't bother me. I was now David's agent and a freelance writer at home which I found more agreeable as a career path. My mother and I had managed to regain our relationship and were regularly talking. She was also planning on coming to ours for Christmas this year. It seemed I had finally been gifted my happy ending.

"Well come on Scrooge. You have a Ducktales event to go to. You're not going to ruin Christmas for our children are you?" I asked with a grin that also held a warning that if he did there would be hell to pay.

"I wouldn't dare."

"Allons-y," I whispered just like old times.

"Allons-y."

Hey everyone!

I'm actually about to start crying. I have been working on this book for months and it's finally finished! Not to mention that it is my first finished book. Ahhhhhhh. Am I a writer now? Who knows?

I'm really bad at mushy things but thank you all so so so much for reading and voting and commenting on this book. There were definitely times when I thought I wasn't going to finish it and yet here we are. I love all of you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support!

I'm about to go on a little hiatus as I get the rest of my work up to an acceptable level. In the meantime please comment what you want me to start next, I'm currently working on a Sherlock, Harry Potter or original story and have no idea what I want to post next! So get commenting and I hope to have something up in the New Year.

Thank you once again and I really hope you did enjoy this story as much as I did writing it! I can finally click the completed button 😂

Love Girl Surviving the World xxxx