Working 9 Till 5

Chapter Twelve:

We arrived at the Cardiff studios to a downpour of more rain. I quickly jumped out of the cab, just missing the puddle that was forming on the pavement due to the flooded gutter. David joined me under the small cover and grabbed my hand that wasn't currently holding my suitcase.

"Now, before we go inside I just want to check that you are ok with two things. One, we aren't going to tell a single person that we are dating, for all they know we are just friends until we decide to share the news. I don't want it looking like you gained this job purely because I am your boyfriend and two you are going to be amazing alright? You know this, and they don't mind if you stuff up lines, I do it all the time. Just go in there and do your best, that's all that can be asked." I grinned at him and walked through the doors. Over my shoulder I replied.

"I know darling, that sounds like a plan. Now, to fake it until I make it." He jogged to catch up to me and winked.

"Allons-y." My hand subconsciously found his but I remembered what he had just said and let go. He shot me an apologetic look. Hiding the sadness that just washed over my face, I continued strutting over to my dressing room. David had informed me that before we got anywhere close to being on set we would go to our dressing rooms to put our costumes on before heading off to see Alice. I opened the door to my room and quickly dropped off my bag. I didn't bother turning on the light and seeing what it was like as I was in a hurry to get ready. I dashed down the corridor and skidded into wardrobe right into David's back.

"Oomph, sorry love," I apologised stepping back and straightening myself up. I went to place my hand discreetly in his when I noticed the girl in front of us.

"It's quite alright Zoe, I was just getting to know Kelly here. She is playing Lauren Clark," He replied almost sheepishly.

"It's nice to meet you Kelly," I said sticking out my hand for her to shake. She flicked one of her long strands of blonde hair over her shoulder and returned the gesture. She was, what could be considered in modern day society as hot. With her hair that fell perfectly around her face, focusing on her piercing blue eyes and the way she held herself with her head high. I was more inclined to look meekly at the ground and my hair tended to do whatever it wanted, I was never in the mood to learn how to style it or read magazines to keep up with fashion trends.

"And you Zoe, David was just telling me all about you," She said in a pompous British accent. Was it bad that I already hated her?

"All good I hope," shooting David a look that conveyed hopefully my discomfort.

"Of course," He reassured quickly. "Ok Kelly, Zoe and I have to go and see Alice. We will see you on set." Kelly hid her disappointment of being sent away too well and left. I grabbed my costume and got changed before sitting in the makeup chair staring at the pretty lights that surrounded it.

"Hello babe!" Alice said jumping in front of me with a makeup brush in one hand and a coffee in the other.

"Hey Alice, how are you?" I asked grinning. She was absolutely crazy and I loved her for it.

"Pretty good, but not as good as you are going to be once I have finished your makeup. I'll keep it light just because I like you. Oi hot stuff, come sit down I'll do you next," She yelled at David who had previously been trying to sneak out of the room unnoticed. I patted the seat next to me and he came and sat down. We sat next to each other chatting with Alice in between her attacking our face with her makeup brushes. The artificial light made the room look cheerful and throughout the conversation I was beginning to get less worried about how today would go. I had this sorted.