Chapter 5 - A Possessive Pop Star's Animus

My word of the day was "animus;" which means severe hatred. That explains this chapter's title.

Merry early Christmas everyone! I'm super hyped for Christmas this year, mostly because I've been saving up my scrolls in Summoner's War since November, and now I am this close to doing Christmas summons; not to mention that I found some really cool SW merchandise I want. But that's offtopic, though; let's continue on to the soon-ending story of Believe in Mii. If I don't change my outline again, we've only got, like, two more chapters after this one.

P.S. Not gonna lie, Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo may be one of my favorite shows as of late.

P.P.S. My Christmas gift to you all (and plans for the New Year) is to finish this fanfic before 2018, and then I can work on Through the City We Go or Dream of a Tale.

---

Chapter 5
A Possessive Pop Star's Animus

A knock on the flap of the tent (rather, the best someone could knock like it was a solid door) was what jolted Yeon awake that morning. Surprisingly, Galleon hadn't noticed her waking up, instead going to answer the door, where Eliza stood. The blonde girl's hairstyle was still ruffled and spiked up, caused by sleeping all night, her glasses a bit crooked and she was in her pale nightgown. Nevertheless, she was beaming.

"Morning, Galleon!" She chirped. "Oh, did I wake you? Sorry!"

"Nah, 's aight. Don't really sleep, anyway." Galleon mentioned.

"Anyway, I'm here because Lisa and I pooled our Gold together to buy some new weapons for us!" Eliza continued. "I had a bit left, so I bought you this!"

She held out a shiny new dagger towards Galleon; the singular blade splitting into two smaller but sharper blades around the middle. Silvery glimmers were reflected in the soft light streaming down from the Citrus Cave; the edge of the dagger sharper than a bee sting. Though she had taken the price tag off, it could easily be deduced that this dagger was well over 1900 Gold.

"...Wow. This's nice. Thanks." Galleon really thought it was great, and it was his genuine happiness over it that made jealousy bubble up in Yeon's chest.

That girl thinks she can just win over my true love...well, just you wait, Eliza. I'll show you true pain. For a second, a burning rage flared up inside of Yeon, her face mashed into the pillow to hide the look of disgust twisting her expression. She didn't care anymore if Eliza was Lisa's best friend in all the resets; now she hated her so much it was terrifying. The two of them were blissfully oblivious to her sudden anger, and Eliza waved goodbye as she left to prep herself for battle.

Though they had to stick together, Yeon decided that now that Eliza was no longer her friend, she was going to make this a living nightmare for her. For a while, she managed to keep her emotions off of her face, but when she saw the girl's blonde hair and glasses, resentment filled her heart. As the team continued on in Citrus Cave, Yeon was in far worse of a mood than she had been the night before, and it was visible. Olivia eyed her up and down as Yeon plodded along.

"You good there, Dancer?" She asked, wings flapping to keep her up in the air. Yeon glanced at Olivia for a moment.

"...Fine, thank you." She instead started to focus on Eliza and Lisa. The two of them were chatting together like nothing was wrong; that the group was just five friends off to the mall. Sweet juices dripped from the ceiling of the cave to the ground, and occasionally the group would pass a small pool filled with that liquid. It smelled so delicious, but no one wanted to be the unlucky one and see if it was safe for consumption.