{14}

Ricardo's POV
It is Saturday and I have nothing to do! I decide to get ready and then see Jade. After I'm ready, I head off until... "Where are you going?" I hear from behind me. I am startled and I turn around. It was Lance. "Jade's. Bye." I say and walk out.

I knock on Jade's door and wait patiently at the door. "Hey Rico!" Paige says. "Hey. Where's Jade?" I ask. "She just went down to Starbucks, she was tired of having the same food." She says. "Okay, thanks." I smile at her and she closes the door. I jump in my car and drive down to Starbucks.

Walking into Starbucks, I smell the delicious coffee in the air. I don't like coffee, but it sure smells amazing. I see Jade with a hot chocolate and donut. "Hey Jade." I greet her. She looks up from her phone. "Oh, hey Rico!" She smiles. That smile. "Do you want to buy yourself something?" She asks. "Um, sure. I'll buy that donut." I say. She takes out some money. "Here you go!" She tries to hand me the money, but I decline. "No, I'll pay." I say. I go up to order and wait for my food. When it's ready, I go back to Jade and eat. "How's Aidan over the Lance and Paige situation?" She asks. "Well, he's been saying he's fine but I don't think so. Like, he might be keeping a secret from all of us." I say with a bit of concern. After our conversation, we go to our cars and say goodbye. "I'll see you back at the dorm." Jade smiles and kisses me. She gets into her car and drives away. I get in my car and follow her.

{Time Skip}

We all head off to bowling for Lance's birthday. My gosh he's finally seventeen! I saw Lance take Paige somewhere quiet, and I follow. I eavesdrop and make sure they can't see me. "Look Paige, you already know about this, thanks to Aidan, but would you like to be my girlfriend?" He says. There is silence for five seconds, then Paige speaks up. "I'm sorry, but no. Yes, I told you that I like you but the other day, I saw Aidan doing something that really upset me and I started to develop feelings for him I'm sorry. Can we still be friends?" She explains. I run off and find Aidan sitting by himself. "Hey Aidan." I greet politely. "Don't even try to comfort me. I saw Paige and Lance run off together, they're probably a couple now." He says. I notice tears starting to fill up his eyes. "Look man, I overheard them talking. She said that she saw you doing something that really upset her so se felt really bad and is staring to develop pretty strong feelings for you. She actually declined Lance, and I'm pretty sure she wants you." I explain to him. "Really?" He looks a lot happier now. I nod. "Hey Rico, want to play bowling with me and Jade?" Paige says to me. Aidan looks down. "Sure, but can Aidan play too?" She looks at him, guilt rushing over her as he is not looking back at her. "Sure!" She smiles and we head off to an alley. "I told you she wants you." I whisper and smirk at Aidan. "I won!" Paige screams after our game. "Well, it's official, girls are the best!" Jade adds in. She came second and me and Aidan came a tie. After the party, Aidan whispers to me. "Can you come with me to back me up?" He says nervously. "For what?" I say confused. He nods his head in the direction of Paige. "Ohh." I say silently. We walk over to the girls. "Hey Jade, Brea, Aidan and I need to talk to Paige about something." I say. Breanna and Jade head off. "What did you want to talk about?" She asks, a bit of a nervous tone in her voice. "Um, Aidan needs to say something, not me." I say. "Oh, and the girls had to go?" She says a bit angrily. Aidan's face goes red. "Sorry, I'm not really in the mood. Um, female stuff..." She laughs. I can't believe she's the only one that's honest about that. "It's fine." Aidan says. "Anyway, what I was going to say was will you go out with me?" Wow, I'm so proud of him! "I've been asked out twice today by two different people. I must really be attractive." She says awkwardly. "You are. You are a beautiful girl with a kind heart. You are really smart and helpful, and you are so funny and talented. There aren't a lot of people like you. I only care about your personality, not your looks. If anyone insults your looks, just remember I'll always love you for you. Being a crazy, weird human because you are you and you're not afraid to be yourself." He says. That was extremely beautiful. "Wow, thanks Aidan! But how do you know if I like you or not?" I asked, a by of confusion sweeps across her. "Um, Rico overheard you and Lance talking. Apparently you told him that you started liking me after that situation." He says. Great, now she knows I was eavesdropping. "Which brings me back to my question... Will you be my girlfriend?" He says. "Of course!" The hug for two minutes and I see Lance sadly watching them in a distance. I feel so bad. I should comfort him!

{Time Skip}

We all head back to the girls dorm, since it's video game night. We all sit on the couch in front of the tv. "How come Haley's bed is gone?" Aidan asks. "Oh, she moved dorms because she felt like we were leaving her out, so she took her bed and we brought a couch." Paige says. Paige sits next to Aidan with each other in their arms. We were playing a game called Life is Strange. We were only playing episode one because an episode takes about two hours to play. We couldn't decide two should play it, so we used a random name generator. Aidan was the person playing, so Paige say in Aidan's lap and he puts his arms around her stomach so he can play.

It is 2:00am and everyone fell asleep, well, except me. I see that Paige has moved from Aidan's lap to his side. They were both cuddling and it's the cutest thing ever! I decided to get up and look through Paige's stuff. I feel like she's hiding stuff too. I find an unsent letter to Lance on how much she loves him and wants to be with him. This is obviously old. Wow. I found a diary with some really deep and personal things. Self harm. Suicide attempts. Overdoses. Wow, this is some really serious stuff! I'm glad she has Aidan to help her.
{1165 words}