(y/n) POV

I wandered the halls of Minas Tirith before heading to bed. I needed to clear my head, so I headed outside. I closed my eyes as the wind blew through my hair. I was unsure how long I stood there, but I was brought back to reality when I heard feet running towards me. I turned around to see Aragorn, a slightly frantic look on his face.

"Aragorn?" I asked, walking towards him. I stopped him by putting my hands on his shoulders and holding him still. "What's wrong?" He would not reply. I sat him down on a bench and sat beside him. "Aragorn, what happened?"

Aragorn shook slightly for a minute before calming down. He looked straight at me.

"I must ask something of you, (y/n)," he said quietly. I nodded. "I want you to stay in the city when we leave tomorrow."

"Why?"

"I just need you here. You can assure hope in the people. I trust you to keep things under control. Besides, Eowyn needs someone to keep her company."

I chuckled, earning a confused look from Aragorn.

"I plan to give her some company, though it will not be mine. Faramir will be staying as well since he is recovering from his near death experiences."

Aragorn gave a small smile.

"I must ask one more thing," he said.

"Yes?"

"What is going to happen tomorrow?" I was about to tell him what I have told him many times before, but he interrupted. "Please, (y/n), I just want to know what happens at the gate. What should I expect?"

I sighed.

"Sauron's messenger will try to tell you that Frodo is dead. He is not. He is alive. He is going to make it to Mount Doom and destroy the ring. Just before the battle begins, Sauron is going to try and speak to you, but you have to be stronger than he is. You have the power to avoid his control."

He nodded before wrapping his arms around me.

"Thank you, (y/n)."

"You're welcome, Aragorn."