2-Reyna

As I changed into the uncomfortable sports kit, I couldn't help but worry. I had just met three super nice people, but what if I'd messed it up? Did I come across too strong? Was I annoying? Were they just talking to me because they pitied me? I suddenly felt angry at myself.

I tugged the uncomfortable hoodie on over the top- it was far too cold to not wear it despite how hot it had been that morning. Everyone else was putting them on too. I couldn't see Natalie, Heather or Clara anywhere. I hoped I would find them soon- classes are a lot more bearable with someone you know with you.

In my art lesson I had got so worried that I started subconsciously drawing on my arm, only realising my soulmate would see it when I got a message back that said 'Everything ok?'. It was nice to know that someone who didn't even know me cared, even if I could never bring myself to talk to them. I was scared, honestly. Of rejection, of not being good enough.

I walked out of the changing room and onto the cold field, heading towards where everyone was gathering. I spotted Natalie waving at me, her baby pink hair and extremely dark skin making her stand out from the crowd. I made my way over and noticed Heather and Clara with her.

"Hey guys." I said, tugging at the ends of my jumper. They wore identical ones. "I've been meaning to ask, but what's with the hair, Nat?"

"Funny story, actually. My soulmate said once that they liked colourful hair, so these two idiots decided to bleach my hair while I was asleep." Natalie said, glaring at Clara and Heather who just laughed. "I dyed it light pink to make it bearable. What about you, have you done anything strange for your soulmate?"

"Uh..." I said, the mood instantly going cold. "I... don't talk to my soulmate much. They talk to me, but I tend... not to reply. I'm too scared."

"Oh... ok." Said Natalie.

"Ok class!" Yelled the teacher. "I'm going to put you into groups to do the activity. Team one on my left, team two on my right."

The teacher proceeded to call out several names, but I only listened in to the ones I knew.

"Natalie, team two..."

"Clara, team one..."

"Heather, team two..."

And then finally:

"Reyna. You're new right?" I knodded. "You go in team one."

Uh oh.

Natalie mouthed good luck with Clara and Heather made praying motions. I laughed, but inside was extremely worried. Was she really that competitive?

I walked over to the team, only to notice that Clara had taken charge already. The teacher came over and breifed us on the task: one person would wear a tag and we would have to go one by one trying to grab it. Naturally, Clara grabbed the tag straight away. We all lined up, and started running at her. No once succeeded, mostly because Clara was fast and they weren't. Finally, it was my turn.

I looked up and, seeing the confident smirk on Clara's face, scowled before running at her. I stretched out a hand in a desperate attempt to grab the tag, but she somehow Clara swerved round me and managed to trip me up over her foot. I crashed to the ground, and looked up to see Clara smiling with fake innocence.

"Oops~ my bad." She said, reaching out a hand to help me up. I dusted my hands off and glared at her, before standing up on my own.

Ok then. Rivalry formed.

I trudged to the back of the line, waiting for my next turn. I seriously considered just punching Clara in the face, but I didn't think that would go down well with the teachers. Probably shouldn't mess things up on my first day.