"I sure am." I replied.

"Alright. Did your parents agree for me to come pick you up tomorrow?"

"Dad said you can but you have to make sure I come home in one piece."

"Will do. He doesn't have to worry about that. You're safe with me."

There was a long silence after that. I guess we didn't have anything more to say but we weren't ready to hang up. I listened to his heavy breathing and relaxed.

"Cassieopia are you asleep?" He asked much later.

"No, I'm not. Do you feel sleepy?" I asked.

"No, but I need to do some night reading." he commented with a level of reluctance.

"Alright then. I'll leave you to study. Take care of yourself."

But I didn't want to hang up.

"I will and you too. Get ready tomorrow, I'll pick you up. Sweet dreams."

He hung up.

Now that I wanted to sleep, sleep didn't come. I laid down, feeling lonely and couldn't wait for tomorrow to come.

**************************

I woke up with a slight headache perhaps as a result of the tears I shed last night and contemplated skipping school but it wasn't so bad and besides, I didn't want to miss school, because guess what?
My boyfriend would take me to school today. Yay! La-la la-la, who's singing with me?

Who would have thought I'd end up with a boyfriend before the end of the semester? Certainly not me.

I got ready real quick, wore a pair of black leggings (Ana made sure all my leggings were black because according to her, that would match whatever clothes I decided to wear), a turtle neck sweater and sneakers (Don't ask me about their colours).

"Look who's ready all by herself? I didn't know having a boyfriend would make you dress up all by yourself, I would have gotten you one in high school." Ana teased as she stumbled into my room.

"You know I can take care of myself but you always insist on doing it all." I retorted.

"If I don't take care of you, who will? Get your butt on this chair. Let me do your makeup." She walked up to me and tried leading me to what I sensed was my dressing table but I stopped her.

"No, Ana. Don't you think Jason has seen me with enough make up already? I just want to be make up free today." I said.

"Actually, that's a good idea. You should go like this besides, the clothes you have on suit you. Like I always tell you, you're beautiful with or without makeup."

"Thanks. And I think makeup would suffocate me. I have a headache and I don't want it to get worse."

"You should take some medicines after eating." I could tell she was disturbed.

"I'm fine. I'm just gonna eat and go to school." I reassured her.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes, mum." I teased, grinning.

We left my room for the kitchen and Ana made us both some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with coffee and cream.

"Good morning girls. You both look pretty today." Dad walked in cheerily and pecked us both on our cheeks.

"Morning dad."

"Good morning uncle Matt."

We chorused.

Just then, the doorbell jingled and Ana hurried off to answer it.

"You sound happy dad, what's the reason?" I smiled at that.

"I've been happy since my little girl told me she has a boyfriend." He replied, adding emphasis on the word 'Boyfriend'. I covered my face timidly and wondered why everyone around me was getting cheesy.

"Jason is here and he's asking for his girlfriend. Who is she by the way?" Ana waltzed and asked like she didn't know who the girl is.

"I guess that's my cue to leave. Goodbye dad," I kissed him on the cheek "Goodbye Ana." I did the same to her.

"I'm the girlfriend. Back off bitch!" I whispered for her to hear only but she laughed hysterically.

"Whatever! It's not like I'm into him anyway." She held my shoulders and pushed me off to the living room and then to the door.

"Where is he, Ana? Are you trying to prank me? This is gruesome." I turned to her, my hands akimbo and poked her nose.

"Gosh you're so dumb. I'm gonna a pull a prank on you someday but for today, No. He's right next to you."

It took me a moment to realise that it wasn't Ana but in fact Jason I poked. Oops!

"What a lovely way to greet your boyfriend. I can't remember the last time my nose hurt so much. What are you made of, bricks?" I knew he was only joking but I reached out and punched his ribs.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He faked being hurt and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"For not telling me you've been here the whole time." I reached out and then hugged him. "Good morning boyfriend." I whispered before ruffling his hair. "Now let's go." I turned and walked out the door.

"Who are you and what have you done to my girlfriend?" Jason asked behind me.

Well, I had no idea myself.

Don't forget to follow, vote comment and share.

Love,
Osaro.