Ch. 37 The True Masters Part 1

Start from the beginning

As soon as I finished making the call, the ground gave way, causing us to fall into a dark room. I managed to catch myself on the landing fairly well.

Pretty much no one else did.

I heard a series of large crashes as they slammed into the metal floor from above. After a moment, I heard a softer landing, and Fire Man shouted. "Hey y'all, that wasn't so bad."

Ice Man grunted. "That would be because you landed on top of us."

After brief moment, the lights in the room began to turn on, illuminating us. I looked over at a significant pile of Robot Masters flopped across the ground, with Fire Man sitting on top of them.

He looked down at his brothers. "Huh. Well how 'bout that?"

They began to pick themselves up off of the ground grumpily. While they were doing so, I decided to pursue a way out of here. I walked around, carefully looking for any sort of door. What I did notice first was a series of small outcroppings in the room. They were in the eight directional extremes of the room, high above the ground. In each of the holes was a large bright blue machine, looking similar to what I had been through when I fought Nega Man (I think it's a good name).

I finally found a large doorway, directly ahead from the center of the room. There was a circle of metal containers stacked around the perimeter of the room, which broke to leave a straight path for the exit.

I turned around and called back. "Over here, guys!"

I just barely turned around in time to avoid a metal blade slicing right past my face.

I turned my head to the direction of the attacker, and was greeted with Metal Man standing silently in one of the machines around the room. As I slowly turned my attention, I noticed the one to his left emit a burst of light that left behind Flash Man, and the right to be Bubble Man.

I heard the other Robot Masters slowly come up behind me, forming a tight circle as we looked at our assailants surrounding us on all sides.

Quick Man spoke first. "So glad you could make it. We've got unfinished business."

I swallowed and responded. "What's going on, Quick Man?"

"What's going on is retribution. You took us all down, by some stroke of luck, and now we're here to return the favor."

Flash Man nodded. "I've got better things I could be doing right now, so if you don't mind, I'm going to make this quick."

I looked over at Time Man, who promptly raised his arms as the bells on his head began to ring. I looked up at Flash Man, who still wore the same cheeky grin, and noticed his arm very slowly beginning to lift.

I smiled and looked back at Quick Man, who looked at Flash Man in surprise. "What did you do to him?"

"Nothing." I replied. "Just keeping things fair. You were the one who insisted on that last time we fought, right?"

Quick Man growled, and Heat Man shouted, "I'll handle it!"

As he ignited and shot towards Time Man, Guts Man stepped into his path, swinging a massive arm into his path, knocking Heat Man back into the wall.

"Ow..." The yellow robot whimpered before falling to the ground.

"That's why we're here!" Guts Man grunted. "If you wanna get to him, you'll have to go through us."

There was a moment of tension, as both sides looked at each other, completely still.

Quick Man shifted. "Destroy them. Every last one."