Ch. 27 Heat Stroke Part 1

The story isn't over, by the way.

I was out of town for a while, and couldn't do much writing on my phone. Also, during that time, I wanted to work on Pokemon Max (another one of my stories, which you should totally check out). This was the main reason I uploaded two chapters of Mega Man without anything in between. Anyway, don't worry, I will continue writing this, the next chapter should hopefully be out sometime this week.

Thanks to all the people who read Mega Man, btw. You guys are some of my biggest fans, and I'm so happy to have you along on this adventure.

Don't worry, this will get replaced by the real chapter soon.

---

I lay silently on the table. The quiet beeping behind me was almost driving me nuts.

I sat up as Doctor Light entered the room. "All right, I've run your diagnostics."

"And?" I asked, moving my arm around. 

He put down his tablet and smiled. "Your filters are functioning properly. All motor systems are undamaged...you're perfectly fine."

I breathed out as I hopped off of the metal surface. "Good."

He put a hand on my shoulder. "You fought one of Wily's new combat robots. And you won."

"Yeah. With a little help." I sighed as I grabbed my helmet.

Dr. Light spoke after a moment. "You'll be fine, Rock. You just need a little practice."

A series of notification sounds erupted from the tablet. Dr. Light picked it up.

"Well, I'm not going to be getting that practice, am I?"

I stepped into the next room behind Dr. Light. Inside, I was surprised to see someone seated there.

"Ice Man?" I asked as I pulled in front of Dr. Light.

"Present, and reporting for duty." He saluted in front of me, before actually accepting my handshake. "Excellent work, soldier."

A frown crept across my face. "Yeah. Excellent."

Dr. Light thankfully interrupted. "I asked Ice Man to help monitor you on the next mission. Although he was supposed to have some help..."

"Yes, sir. I'm afraid the boy still hasn't arrived." Ice Man answered.

"The boy?" I asked.

"Oh yes. I'm afraid I have something I need to take care of, so I needed people to help monitor your situation. I figured I need someone else to assist Ice Man, and I couldn't think of anyone who could help you better than Michael."

"Cool." I replied. "So what's going on?"

He walked over to his computer and typed for a moment before pulling up an image of a building on the side of what looked like a mountain.

"Dr. Wily's next robot master has transmitted a signal from this location. It's a facility that I created, that monitors volcanic activity." Dr. Light explained.

"Precisely the reason I'm sitting this one out." Ice Man announced, leaning back in the chair he sat in.

Dr. Light snapped his fingers. "I knew I was forgetting something. To help you navigate the extreme conditions safely, I'm bringing in some help. Come on-"

A door on the other side of the room burst open, and Fire Man emerged, shouting as loud as he could, "WOO-HOO!! It's time for some ACTION, pardner!" He slapped me on the back. "I'm ready to confront this troublemaker, and give him a taste of the FLAMES OF JUSTICE!!"